Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disaster in venezuela

Default Disaster in venezuela

We all know the terrible disaster that's going on in Venezuela now, imagine if you have gold silver in Venezuela now, will you do fine or not?
    are there even any gold dealers now that will buy your gold? remember there are gangs and criminals everywhere, no where is safe.
    If all the pm dealers are closed, how will you sell your gold? if you go to the national bank and want to sell your gold, hell the bank boss might even confiscate your gold thinking your a drug dealer or gang member and will call the authorities and you will be arrested.

Anyone know would gold/silver in Venezuela help you right now?

Im asking this because people say when SHTF in the USA, will owning gold/silver actually help you? in reality
    "If Americans ever allow banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless"
    Thomas Jefferson

"the FED is a bank"

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared."
    Thomas Jefferson

"US debt is US$20Trillion" and counting

Quote Originally Posted by beswick111 View Post
    We all know the terrible disaster that's going on in Venezuela now, imagine if you have gold silver in Venezuela now, will you do fine or not?
    are there even any gold dealers now that will buy your gold? remember there are gangs and criminals everywhere, no where is safe.
    If all the pm dealers are closed, how will you sell your gold? if you go to the national bank and want to sell your gold, hell the bank boss might even confiscate your gold thinking your a drug dealer or gang member and will call the authorities and you will be arrested.

Im asking this because people say when SHTF in the USA, will owning gold/silver actually help you? in reality
    Well, there are difficulties and risks that would incrementally in some proportion as any civil, social and economic worsened - I would think. So sure, I get what you are saying. But don't we all tacitly think (agree) that our expectations for the benefit of holding metals is based (primarily) on the fact that during any USD value problem (value of acceptance in other currencies and for "goods and services") there still exists a "transaction economy" that is measure of the expectations?

Were I in Venezuela to day, I don't know what I'd prefer. Gold, toilet paper, Tasty Bite Madras Lentils packets or guns and ammo.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Here's some insight from Argentina's collapse a few years ago.

Surviving Argentina’s Economic Collapse Part 1-3

http://www.rapidtrends.com/surving-a...apse-part-1-3/

GOLD!!

Someone hit me in the head please because I messed up about the gold issue.

Everyone wants to buy gold! “I buy gold. Pay cash” signs are everywhere, even on TV! I can’t believe I’m that silly! I just didn’t relate it to what I read here because they deal with junk gold, like jewelry, either stolen or sold because they needed the money, not the gold coins that you guys talk about. No one pays for the true value of the stuff, so big WARNING! Sign on people that are buying gold coins. Since it is impossible to determine the true mineral percentage of gold, small shops and dealers will pay for it as regular jewelry gold. What I would do if I were you: Besides gold coins, buy a lot of small gold rings and other jewelry. They should be less expensive than gold coins, and if the SHTF bad, you won’t be losing money, selling premium quality gold coins for the price of junk gold. If I could travel back in time, I’d buy a small bag of gold rings. Small time thieves will snatch gold chains right out of your neck and sell them at these small dealers found everywhere. This is VERY common at train stations, subways and other crowded areas.

So, my advice, if you are preparing for a small economical crisis, gold coins make sense. You will keep the value of the stuff and be able to sell it for its actual cost to gold dealers or maybe other survivalists that know the true value of them. In my case, gold coins would have been an excellent investment, saving me from losing money when the local economy crashed. Even though things are bad, I can go to a bank down town and get paid for what a gold coin is truly worth, same goes for pure silver. But where I live, in my local area small time dealers will only pay you the value of junk gold, no matter what kind of gold you have. So, I’d have to say that if TSHTF bad, gold jewelry is a better trade item than gold coins.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Plan on being gray in similar SHTF in USA. While looking poor but carry big stick unseen. Also having a network of like minded individuals. As well as a small group of well trained family.

Be the bank/war lord......grrr...
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by beswick111 View Post

i think in a situation like that the smaller denominations of silver will be best to have on outings to search for food, etc. 90% dimes, quarters, halves.

Gold came in handy for Venezuela itself when they needed more cash

Through the operation, Venezuela had received $1.2 billion in cash in exchange for putting up $1.7 billion worth of gold in guarantee, part of efforts to improve the liquidity of foreign reserves amid heavy foreign debt payments and low oil prices.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1CS2CD

A single ounce of gold can now buy a house in Venezuela because of hyperinflation

Yet something interesting is occurring in Venezuela at ground level outside the rise of black markets and government alternative price controls. And that is that physical gold and silver are both superseding the soaring price inflation tied to paper currencies, and according to a missionary who lives and works in Venezuela, a single ounce of silver can buy enough food for a family to last three months, and an ounce of gold can buy you a house.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/singl...ause-weissmann

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post
    Gold came in handy for Venezuela itself when they needed more cash

Through the operation, Venezuela had received $1.2 billion in cash in exchange for putting up $1.7 billion worth of gold in guarantee, part of efforts to improve the liquidity of foreign reserves amid heavy foreign debt payments and low oil prices.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1CS2CD

A single ounce of gold can now buy a house in Venezuela because of hyperinflation

Yet something interesting is occurring in Venezuela at ground level outside the rise of black markets and government alternative price controls. And that is that physical gold and silver are both superseding the soaring price inflation tied to paper currencies, and according to a missionary who lives and works in Venezuela, a single ounce of silver can buy enough food for a family to last three months, and an ounce of gold can buy you a house.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/singl...ause-weissmann
    so then, we here are definately on the right track! yea for us!

Also if ever asked, by stranger... do you have any PMs? Say yes I have some copper wire and aluminum cans! Will trade for food. But remain ignorant with that relic industrial barbaric old coins....
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Last edited by THE OLD FART; 02-03-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Like everything else, it'll work 'till it doesn't

Who's into investing into a communist government?
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast