Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233343539 ... LastLast

Thread: Banksters on massive short position against gold, again

$1000 POG with all this inflation prognostication?
    If we see $1000 POG; other asset/ consumer prices better fall with it.
    Last edited by Eye4nI; 03-13-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Nothing goes straight up, nothing goes straight down, either. I don't see $1000 gold. I don't see $10000 gold either - at least not near term.

What I do see is :

1) USDs getting sold in some key areas of the world.
    2) potential for the commencing trade of RMB/Oil/Gold.
    3) domestic USD-based system that mathematically is teetering on the edge.

#3 is potentially the most worrisome short-term. If TNX/rates spike a bit higher, this will trigger the end (notice I did not say could). Why is it certain? Too many banks, corporations, municipalities (local/state governments) with trillions on the line are sitting on that fence. If rates move up, it will be because USD investment will not be as attractive (rates will rise to attract investment to counter a lack of interest in USD treasuries/bonds). If this happens it will no longer matter what the Fed "does". The system will start to unravel.

We are starting to see the signs: Latvia banks. Japan. China banks. Catalonia. RMB/Oil. Dozens of countries imploding. Italy/Greece/Spain. Elections. Yemen. Venezuela. etc etc etc

Gold can go up $50, can go down $50. Whatever. What I see is nearly 2/3ds of the world's population is grabbing gold like there is no tomorrow. This 2/3ds is also located where industry has been moving to for the last 20 years. Good luck to all out there. Don't get steam-rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post
    Derivatives Equal 1,070-Times All The Central Bank Gold

Total derivatives outstanding are around $1.5 quadrillion. The Bank of International Settlements (BIS) reports a figure of $500 trillion. But that figure is not credible since it was adjusted some years ago after netting off a major part of the gross exposure. The gross derivative exposure is 1,070-times central bank gold. So if central banks needed to cover an implosion of the derivative market with gold, the gold price would increase over 1,000 fold form here to $1.4 million. This might not seem a credible price but we must remember that gold reached 100 trillion Marks during the Weimar Republic and is now 53 million Bolivars in Venezuela (the black market price is 370 million bolivars). As global credit markets implode and money printing starts in earnest, a $1.4 million gold price might be much too low.

https://kingworldnews.com/greyerz-de...ral-bank-gold/
    I can't see where that logic is "insane", it seems perfectly valid to me. There's even empirical evidence for their thesis. They never state "it's around the corner" or deny the faint possibility of 1000 USD/tozau.
    They even state 'if' instead of 'when'.

You personally may think this will never happen to the euro, dollar, yuan, goatcoin, monopoly bill or any other fiat money, but their thesis is far from "insane".

Quote Originally Posted by leon1998 View Post
    I am baaaack! Thanks DutchSilver for continuing futures report analysis!

Since we're still days away from Friday's weekly futures report, let me read into last Friday's again:

For gold futures weekly, Banksters increased short position by 3,800 contracts (each contract is 100 oz); reduced long position by 2,755 contracts.
    For silver futures weekly, Banksters increased short position by 1,267 contracts (each contract is 5000 oz); reduced long position by 5,071 contracts.

Exactly as I guessed, Banksters pulled up spot prices, then distributed long position and accumulated short position. If this phenomena continues, the next move will inevitably be DOWN.
    First you were talking about the relative comparison short/long and now you have changed to looking at absolute numbers?
    Why have you changed the way you interpret the numbers since the start of this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    First you were talking about the relative comparison short/long and now you have changed to looking at absolute numbers?
    Why have you changed the way you interpret the numbers since the start of this topic?
    Reason is very simple. Since the relative comparison short/long is not extreme as you have found out (2.33-to-1), then you have to dig into the numbers to find a clue on direction.

Reason is very simple. Since the relative comparison short/long is not extreme as you have found out (2.33-to-1), then you have to dig into the numbers to find a clue on direction.
    Hmm, this means you as all of us have not a clue about how this works

What we are seeing now has nothing to do with normal trading then, USD kicking the bucket yet POG risen minimal.....Someone is selling

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    Hmm, this means you as all of us have not a clue about how this works

What we are seeing now has nothing to do with normal trading then, USD kicking the bucket yet POG risen minimal.....Someone is selling
    Short/Long ratio is not the ONLY indicator; unless the ratio becomes very extreme.

There're other indicators when short/long ratio isn't extreme; and those can be found inside the weekly futures report. Which means, one need to do his homework; for example, collect all the previous weekly report data, start an excel sheet, and search for patterns.

The swap dealer category in the report, will provide hint on what Banksters been doing; that's why I showed those numbers for people either have no clue, or unwilling to do any homework.

We've all seen the big 4 or 5 banks load up on the shorts, naked or otherwise to turn the gold markets and force them down. Are they acting on behalf of the The Plunge Protection team?

Really to bad the CFTC wouldn't put more effort into these manipulations. They aren't doing their job! Just my opinion.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    We've all seen the big 4 or 5 banks load up on the shorts, naked or otherwise to turn the gold markets and force them down. Are they acting on behalf of the The Plunge Protection team?

Really to bad the CFTC wouldn't put more effort into these manipulations. They aren't doing their job! Just my opinion.
    The only thing I appreciate CFTC, is to provide the precious metal futures report to public, on a weekly basis. At least, you can have some idea on who bought and who sold, on which category; this is already better than any other securities (have you ever seen such reports on stock and bond?) There must be a law that they have to provide those info to public (commodities and currencies only?).

Gold has been an enemy to fiat-currency issuers (central banks). In U.S., those banks manipulate gold market on behave of Federal Reserve.

The only thing I appreciate CFTC, is to provide the precious metal futures report to public, on a weekly basis. At least, you can have some idea on who bought and who sold, on which category; this is already better than any other securities (have you ever seen such reports on stock and bond?) There must be a law that they have to provide those info to public (commodities and currencies only?).

Gold has been an enemy to fiat-currency issuers (central banks). In U.S., those banks manipulate gold market on behave of Federal Reserve.

does it have any sense to follow whatever info, when one knows that the Plungeteam will waterboard gold when it fits their reasoning? The only forces which really can push up gold is gold physical shortage, inflation, fear the stockmarket may buckle even when the dollar weakens and treasury interest rates go skyhigh.

Golditiki2+++