Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold bracelet

Default Gold bracelet

It's my first time purchasing a gold piece. I'm looking at a 14K Yellow gold ~26 gram miami cuban links.
    The best one i found is for $890 at Daniel's Jewelry INC based in Florida.
    According to my research, it's a good deal.
    What do you guys think?
    Also if you don't mind, can you check out that website and tell me if it is legit? They have 230K instagram followers so they do seem legit to me. haha

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by evmedievalol View Post
    It's my first time purchasing a gold piece. I'm looking at a 14K Yellow gold ~26 gram miami cuban links.
    The best one i found is for $890 at Daniel's Jewelry INC based in Florida.
    According to my research, it's a good deal.
    What do you guys think?
    Also if you don't mind, can you check out that website and tell me if it is legit? They have 230K instagram followers so they do seem legit to me. haha

Thanks in advance!
    Gold jewelry is not my favorite choice. If you like it that's up to you. On the Kitco web look for Jewelry Resources, it will give you up to date melt value. As this is posted melt on 26 gr. 14 kt is $631.33

Quote Originally Posted by droopy View Post
    Gold jewelry is not my favorite choice. If you like it that's up to you. On the Kitco web look for Jewelry Resources, it will give you up to date melt value. As this is posted melt on 26 gr. 14 kt is $631.33
    So that basically means a melted 26 grams of gold is worth $631.33. Which means $890 - 631.33 = $258.67 is what i pay for labor..dang
    But i noticed that grams/gold is around $41 now. So i thought 26grams x $41 = $1066 compared to how much i paid $890. Which sounded like a good deal to me. (when i googled, it showed up $41 per gram -_-)
    I'm so noob haha. I don't know how much people expect to pay for labor for miami cuban link.
    I compared with 3 different jewelries and this company had the most weight for lesser money.
    Last edited by evmedievalol; 12-29-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Welcome to the forum. Wasn't trying to be harsh. Just stating that jewelry isn't MY way of investing in gold. To much markup when buying. If and when you sell, the buyer will probably scale it and offer a percentage of spot. The type of links or any gem stones if present, will likely have little to do with the offer to buy. P.S. Pure gold is 24 kt, 14kt has 14 parts gold the other 10 parts are another metal.
    Last edited by droopy; 12-29-2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Mo.

Buy a used one, get it polished with red rouge polish and it will look like new. Pay no more then spot, I have basically no jewellery I paid over spot for...and I got a piss load of jewellery.

So that basically means a melted 26 grams of gold is worth $631.33. Which means $890 - 631.33 = $258.67 is what i pay for labor..dang
    But i noticed that grams/gold is around $41 now. So i thought 26grams x $41 = $1066 compared to how much i paid $890. Which sounded like a good deal to me. (when i googled, it showed up $41 per gram -_-)
    I'm so noob haha. I don't know how much people expect to pay for labor for miami cuban link.
    I compared with 3 different jewelries and this company had the most weight for lesser money.
    http://www.goldcalc.com/
    use this for all future purchase relevant melt value and listen to Sacksilver's advice

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    Buy a used one, get it polished with red rouge polish and it will look like new. Pay no more then spot, I have basically no jewellery I paid over spot for...and I got a piss load of jewellery.
    Im worried about getting ripped off with fakes.
    Not sure if i want to file down an area to check if its real gold.
    Any tips?

Which website is the best to buy used gold chain?
    I want a rope chain 14k for my next one.

Im worried about getting ripped off with fakes.
    Not sure if i want to file down an area to check if its real gold.
    Any tips?

Which website is the best to buy used gold chain?
    I want a rope chain 14k for my next one.
    RS Mizar ET18 gold tester...around a 100$, mine hasn't passed any fakes so far in 3 yrs...my gold buyer has a expensive one and our results never disagree. You won't find any real gold chains cheap online....go hit the pavement, get a tester and hit pawn shops, thrift stores and check buy and sell pages online
    Last edited by sasksilver; 12-29-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Yeah, I would definitely get a reliable way to test them. Couple years back helped some family sell a bunch of gold chains. About 1/4 of them came back fake. All of them had 14-18K stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by rdcanecutter View Post
    Yeah, I would definitely get a reliable way to test them. Couple years back helped some family sell a bunch of gold chains. About 1/4 of them came back fake. All of them had 14-18K stamps.
    18k seem to be fake more then real...if I see italy or 18k....I assume it's fake and am rarely proved otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast