Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ten years in, nobody has come up with a use for blockchain

Default Ten years in, nobody has come up with a use for blockchain

Everyone says the blockchain, the technology underpinning cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, is going to change EVERYTHING. And yet, after years of tireless effort and billions of dollars invested, nobody has actually come up with a use for the blockchainóbesides currency speculation and illegal transactions.

https://hackernoon.com/ten-years-in-...in-ee98c180100

If you can't find anybody working with blockchain technology you just are not looking.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/05/ey-m...insurance.html
    Disclaimer:Later....

Maybe pictures are easier to figure out than links

Quote Originally Posted by Count Stacula View Post
    If you can't find anybody working with blockchain technology you just are not looking.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/05/ey-m...insurance.html
    fine line, but your article states that they "plan to"
    let me know when they have implemented it and it works as "hoped". computed processing times go waaay up, the main winners so far are the utility companies getting nice meter spinning on overheated server farms.

don't get me wrong, it will eventually be used, after all it is a good tool where needed, just to accounting enhancement.
    Last edited by shades; 12-26-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Here's another....

Here's another....

did a proof of concept in september. "plan to", "can be"
    not actually using it yet, other than as a sales marketing win, for now. "yay, they tracked ONE CONTAINER OF FLOWERS BACK IN SEPT"
    Last edited by shades; 12-26-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    did a proof of concept in september. "plan to", "can be"
    not actually using it yet, other than as a sales marketing win, for now. "yay, they tracked ONE CONTAINER OF FLOWERS BACK IN SEPT"
    I've been in the containerized shipping business for almost two decades. I think I have a pretty good idea of what is going on from the INSIDE. But nonetheless I will yield to your crazy smart Internet skills.

I've been in the containerized shipping business for almost two decades. I think I have a pretty good idea of what is going on from the INSIDE. But nonetheless I will yield to your crazy smart Internet skills.
    ok, how many of your container companies are currently using blockchain as an ISO compliant integral part of your business, other than as limited test runs?

not to say it won't be incorporated as a tool for the future. but other than as an alternative to current supply chain programs that track containers , how often do you have to deal with corrupted info that a blockchain would have instead prevented?

From insiderdealer's link

That 106-year-old company like IBM is going all in on blockchain shows just how far the digital ledger has come since its early days..The market for blockchain-related products and services will reach $7.7 billion in 2022...

That’s creating new opportunities for some of the old warships of the technology world, companies like IBM and Microsoft Corp. that are making the transition to cloud services. And products that had gone out of vogue, such as databases sold by Oracle Corp., are becoming sexy again.

“All of these things will get a new life because of blockchain,” “...a customer that is buying blockchain rarely walks out of the store with just blockchain. They walk out with multiple things in their cart.”

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast