Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funny story....

Default Funny story....

Was at my local pizza shop today and asked the owner if I could pay for my meal with a bitcoin. He had no idea what I was talking about. I explained to him that one online coin is worth $18,000 + he laughed and a said cash or credit please.

The meal was only $50 with the tip so he missed out on a hefty profit.

Just goes to show its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it or value it at. To him it had no Value.

PS: I even showed him the coinbase site with the current value.
    Last edited by Silver and Gold; 12-18-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post
    Was at my local pizza shop today and asked the owner if I could pay for my meal with a bitcoin. He had no idea what I was talking about. I explained to him that one online coin is worth $18,000 + he laughed and a said cash or credit please.

Just goes to show its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it or value it at. To him it had no Value.

well S and G, that doesn't surprise me at all, and after all, what did you really expect? i would imagine that less than 1 % of 1 % have any idea about bitcoin much less the true current value of gold or the other p m's. maybe in a couple years local retailers may accept crypto's
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 12-18-2017 at 06:53 PM.

I've seen the same thing done with a candybar and a gold eagle.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Did you tell him it comes with a chain attached?
    LOL
    Ball's optional

LOL

Air Miles is more entrenched. Still, you have difficulties in paying with
    Air Miles, although eg travel agencies say you can use Air Miles for
    payment. When it comes to real payment, they do make life hard
    for you.

yes, very funny because I usually sell things to the highest bidder.
    Someone don't know or low ball price doesn't make it's the market price

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I've seen the same thing done with a candybar and a gold eagle.
    Yup, it's been done over and over again

Happened to me using a gold Eagle. It was just security for a small bill I was going to come back next day and pay.

"No way in Hell was he going to melt down that coin to get the gold out"!

I'm not exactly rocked with shock that Vinnie hasn't yet heard about bitcoin. Anthony would have taken your bitcoin. Sal would have known exactly what the current market valuation of bitcoin was.This whole story tells me nothing except if you're spending $50/day for your lunch in a pizza place we won't be reading your inane bitcoin threads much longer. Try to eat in moderation.
    Last edited by insidedealer; 12-18-2017 at 11:02 PM.

That is a funny story. Almost as funny as the last story, "Even the Pizza Guy and the Pool Boy Know About Bitcoin. It's a Bubble".

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast