Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand the hatred of Bitcoin.

Default I don't understand the hatred of Bitcoin.

I don't understand the hatred of Bitcoin. I mean, it is not just friendly advice, it is vitriolic. It is an intense seething hatred. It is like someone telling a Hillary or Trump supporter that you are voting for the other. The only explanation I can come up with is the haters are upset they missed out on a chance to make a lot of money and now they are just screaming that the grapes they cannot reach are sour. They defend the government and the dollar as holy, and berate the cryptos as evil. I would imagine I have as much skin in the game as any of the haters, and I am happy as heck I took a shot.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Yes some part is probably sour grapes, but likely not all.

Some part may just be not understanding it and resistance to change. Some may be strong dislike of the digital/virtual nature of it.

And the concern, or fear, of more government control of peoples lives. See the thread Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans for some points regarding TPTB possible involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I don't understand the hatred of Bitcoin. I mean, it is not just friendly advice, it is vitriolic. It is an intense seething hatred. It is like someone telling a Hillary or Trump supporter that you are voting for the other. The only explanation I can come up with is the haters are upset they missed out on a chance to make a lot of money and now they are just screaming that the grapes they cannot reach are sour. They defend the government and the dollar as holy, and berate the cryptos as evil. I would imagine I have as much skin in the game as any of the haters, and I am happy as heck I took a shot.
    I never looked twice at Ethereum until a few weeks ago. The chart was screaming BUY! so I did. I have already doubled my money. Did I bet the farm? No. I just took a calculated risk. Anybody on this forum, or the Internet, for that matter can do the same thing. It is never too late to make money. You just have to time it right. Or at least as close to right as you can get.

I believe Bitcoin is going to hit numbers that will take people's breath away. It's not too late for a person to put a toe in the water IF THEY WANT TO. Sure they may not be able to buy 100 whole bitcoins, who can? But they can buy a fraction or simply a dollar amount they would like to invest. Doubling $100 dollars, or $1,000 dollars or $100,000 dollars is still a double. It just depends on how much risk one is willing to take. But to sit back and say "I can't get involved because I missed the boat" is a self imposed mental limitation.
    Last edited by Count Stacula; 12-14-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    Disclaimer:Later....

I believe the secret creator of bitcoin is the govt. Get the paranoid anti frn, gold stackers, anti establishment people in first, the rest will fall in line easily. Any and all support for cryptos is support for your and your children's shackles. I hope it fails and burns many so the idea of digital currency leaves a sour taste for decades

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    I believe the secret creator of bitcoin is the govt. Get the paranoid anti frn, gold stackers, anti establishment people in first, the rest will fall in line easily. Any and all support for cryptos is support for your and your children's shackles. I hope it fails and burns many so the idea of digital currency leaves a sour taste for decades
    Could be right. They certainly got to me early on!

Now the rest of you, get with the plan and start falling in line.

sask - some of that could be right. Or maybe all of that. Have you seen this? https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...ng-range-plans

I can't wish bad things on owners of Bitcoin, Dollars, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Land, etc.etc.etc. To do so would be to wish evil on myself and that is just stupid.

As far as digital currencies we have had one for years. Do you really think that every time you pay your electric bill an armor truck delivers dollars from your bank account to the electric company? Of course not. It is all digital ledger entries in a closed loop banking system. Nothing moves around but the digits in the computers. It's a debit to your account balance and a credit to their account balance.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF DIGITAL MONEY!
    Disclaimer:Later....

Quote Originally Posted by Count Stacula View Post
    I can't wish bad things on owners of Bitcoin, Dollars, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Land, etc.etc.etc. To do so would be to wish evil on myself and that is just stupid.

As far as digital currencies we have had one for years. Do you really think that every time you pay your electric bill an armor truck delivers dollars from your bank account to the electric company? Of course not. It is all digital ledger entries in a closed loop banking system. Nothing moves around but the digits in the computers. It's a debit to your account balance and a credit to their account balance.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF DIGITAL MONEY!
    Digital is a fact or life...100 percent digital is a different beast. 100 percent digital equals 100 percent control. BTW it's not evil to wish for people who are supporting something I see as evil to lose

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    sask - some of that could be right. Or maybe all of that. Have you seen this? https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...ng-range-plans
    Not yet but will read the thread soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDave View Post
    Could be right. They certainly got to me early on!

Now the rest of you, get with the plan and start falling in line.
    And I could be wrong as well, at least the way it's going it looks like it's turning to a commodity of sorts and with these price jumps...who would want to use it as a currency...just sit on it and gain purchasing power....losing any hope of being a daily use currency every price jump. Just another thing for Wall Street to manipulate money out of the general population

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast