Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Be careful..... I smell ponzi scam

Default Be careful..... I smell ponzi scam

My friends Son and Nephew have been trying to sell their bitcoins today to take profits and it keeps declining the sale. Between the 2 of them they are up 200K... Lets just say they are in panic mode right now.....

I think its a ponzi.....They must be waiting for suckers to buy before they will let them cash out claiming a glitch or a slow down in the system........Can you imagine when everyone runs for the exits.......People never learn.....

As the price goes higher and higher it will be harder to find buyers to keep the scam up

They use coin base
    Last edited by Silver and Gold; 12-08-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Have them try eBay, they might have better luck.

As a matter of fact I just checked and a person is selling 0.001 of a bitcoin right now. There are 26 bids and the current price is $39 There is 1 hour left on the auction and FREE SAME DAY SHIPPING to your wallet!

Another person is auctioning 1 physical bitcoin fully funded. They say it is one of the first 500 coins issued. There are 19 bids and the current price is $14,100

Another person is auctioning an ANACS graded .5 physical bitcoin fully funded. It is MS68 with 7 bids. The current price is $9,600
    Last edited by Count Stacula; 12-08-2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: more info
    Disclaimer:Later....

Maybe they can buy something other than FRNs?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post
    My friends Son and Nephew have been trying to sell their bitcoins today to take profits and it keeps declining the sale. Between the 2 of them they are up 200K... Lets just say they are in panic mode right now.....

I think its a ponzi.....They must be waiting for suckers to buy before they will let them cash out claiming a glitch or a slow down in the system........Can you imagine when everyone runs for the exits.......People never learn.....

As the price goes higher and higher it will be harder to find buyers to keep the scam up

They use coin base
    Your friend, or your friends son and nephew, are not giving you straight facts. If they are doing so intentionally it is probably because they realize that you do not have anything to base the truth on, i.e. you are ignorant of Bitcoin etc. (not a judgement of you personally but an observation based on stuff you have written regarding BTC to date), so they are just saying whatever comes off the top of their heads.

The story they have told you fails on so many levels it is really questionable if this thread should even remain.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFoilHat View Post
    Maybe they can buy something other than FRNs?
    Good point. Tell them to go buy gold and silver bullion. There are online dealers that take bitcoin no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Stacula View Post
    Have them try eBay, they might have better luck.

As a matter of fact I just checked and a person is selling 0.001 of a bitcoin right now. There are 26 bids and the current price is $39 There is 1 hour left on the auction and FREE SAME DAY SHIPPING to your wallet!

Another person is auctioning 1 physical bitcoin fully funded. They say it is one of the first 500 coins issued. There are 19 bids and the current price is $14,100

Another person is auctioning an ANACS graded .5 physical bitcoin fully funded. It is MS68 with 7 bids. The current price is $9,600
    Physical Bitcoins...I see ANACS grades them as tokens.

Interesting. Even if Bitcoin implodes, they would most likely hold significant collector value.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post

Interesting. Even if Bitcoin implodes, they would most likely hold significant collector value.
    Like beanie babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post

That's why I bought one a few years ago. It is 1 BTC and looks as good or better than the ones I've seen on eBay lately. It's not graded but it came in an Air-Tite holder when I got it and has never been removed.

I figured if Bitcoin didn't make it maybe I could at least double my money on just collector value one day.

I don't know how much I'll eventually make on it but I don't think I will lose anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Like beanie babies?
    Yeah just like beanie babies only 15 Thousand times better!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Stacula View Post
    That's why I bought one a few years ago. It is 1 BTC and looks as good or better than the ones I've seen on eBay lately. It's not graded but it came in an Air-Tite holder when I got it and has never been removed.

I figured if Bitcoin didn't make it maybe I could at least double my money on just collector value one day.

I don't know how much I'll eventually make on it but I don't think I will lose anything.
    Sell Jon McAfee, for non-refundable $20,000, the option to buy it in 2020 for ONLY $400,000. A few weeks ago he doubled his 2020 price target from $500,000. to $1 million. So he pays you $20k now and in 2020 he gets to buy it from you for $400k. This is the guy who said he would cannibalize his own bleep, televised no less, if the price was not that amount in that time frame. You'd get $20k now but in 2020 you might have to part with something for only $400K that would bring much more.

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast