Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction for 2018 silver spot price

Wink Prediction for 2018 silver spot price

As you might have noticed, the first two or three months of past few years were mostly bullish for silver.

My guess is, silver will rally from 15.1-15.3 area; and peak in 17.1-17.3 area.

After that, will go downhill again; this has been roughly a two-to-three-month "rinse-and-repeat" cycle.

In general, silver is weaker than gold; I suggest short SLV at every interim top. Use the profit to stack ozs or just pay your bills.

Keep your eyes on weekly COT report of silver futures; follow the commercial traders short/long ratio.

I don't think the stock market will sustain itself through this year(2018). I am thinking a correction is coming which will eventually drive people into PM's. Initially it will drag PM's down with it(which will be a time to buy) but then they will go up dramatically. With so many things in a bubble its only a matter of time. When something is so over inflated it doesn't take much for people to cut and run. Big money has its finger over the sell button...

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre Plata View Post
    I don't think the stock market will sustain itself through this year(2018). I am thinking a correction is coming which will eventually drive people into PM's. Initially it will drag PM's down with it(which will be a time to buy) but then they will go up dramatically. With so many things in a bubble its only a matter of time. When something is so over inflated it doesn't take much for people to cut and run. Big money has its finger over the sell button...
    Why won't the SM sustain itself through 2018 ? Just a guess, are you gut-feel timing, or do you have intel/ insight ?
    Why do you think a correction is coming ? Why not a roaring economy, rising corp profits, and the bull runs more ?
    If one did come, why would that drive people into PM's ? It didn't last time.
    What are the "so many things in a bubble" ?
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act looks like it is going to pass the House and Senate next week.

That should be good for the economy, jobs, wages and the stock market.

While we have had declining silver mine production for 2 years, that has been insufficient to increase upward pressure in the price of silver.

Likewise, gold mine production either peaked in 2016 or 2017, with 2017 probably a plateau in gold production. Gold mine production will experience a slow decline over 10 years (0.5 to 2 to 3% per year), and it will be a few years before production declines provide upward pressure to the price of gold (with silver following gold generally).

A strengthening dollar and interest rate increases may provide headwinds to the price of gold (and silver).

My wild ass guess is still for $20 silver in 2020, $25 silver in 2025, and $30 silver in 2030.

I am guessing a $15.50 to $18.50 range for silver until 2020.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Why won't the SM sustain itself through 2018 ? Just a guess, are you gut-feel timing, or do you have intel/ insight ?
    Why do you think a correction is coming ? Why not a roaring economy, rising corp profits, and the bull runs more ?
    Mike does a great job of explaining it. There are also a lot of other independent news sites confirming it. Even the MSM such as the New York Times, Forbes and others are re-affirming this. A friend of mine works full time in the SM and I asked him if he thought a serious correction was coming and he just closed his eyes and shook his head yes. The VIX is also screaming that the confidence level is way to high for an over sold market.

https://goldsilver.com/blog/the-ever...bble-code-red/

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre Plata View Post
    Mike does a great job of explaining it. There are also a lot of other independent news sites confirming it. Even the MSM such as the New York Times, Forbes and others are re-affirming this. A friend of mine works full time in the SM and I asked him if he thought a serious correction was coming and he just closed his eyes and shook his head yes. The VIX is also screaming that the confidence level is way to high for an over sold market.

https://goldsilver.com/blog/the-ever...bble-code-red/
    I like Mike. He does do a good job of "explaining" . . and excellent Salesman . . but I continue to wonder if his prediction(s) will ever come true.

Here's a good one from nearly 8 years ago . . Jump to 2:32 for this sales gem: "You can buy $3000 of silver today and between 2 and 5 years in the future, 2015 at the latest, you can trade it for a medium sized family home."

Please ask your Friend who works full time in the market . . .WHY he thinks a correction is coming. Not just gut-feel, or timing, or we're overdue. . . I want a better reason.
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

I agree. Sure there may be a few profit taking selloffs here and there, but really, with corporate tax reform coming this is a very REAL benefit for tax paying corporations. With a smaller tax liability, even if everything else stayed the same, profits would be higher, quarterly earnings will be higher and the stocks will go up. This can go on for quite a while. Who knows, something terrible may happen to change things, but as of right now the course going forward for stocks looks very bullish. On the other hand, for companies that are still not yet profitable and losing money, I don't see how they would benefit from lower tax rates at this time.

I like Mike. He does do a good job of "explaining" . . and excellent Salesman . . but I continue to wonder if his prediction(s) will ever come true.

Here's a good one from nearly 8 years ago . . Jump to 2:32 for this sales gem: "You can buy $3000 of silver today and between 2 and 5 years in the future, 2015 at the latest, you can trade it for a medium sized family home."

Please ask your Friend who works full time in the market . . .WHY he thinks a correction is coming. Not just gut-feel, or timing, or we're overdue. . . I want a better reason.
    One thing no one should EVER do, is take seriously any prediction of what the stock market will do from a gold bull. NEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStocker View Post
    One thing no one should EVER do, is take seriously any prediction of what the stock market will do from a gold bull. NEVER.
    Sage advice right there. Unfortunately, too many people have been listening to gold bulls over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStocker View Post
    Exactly. Fun to speculate, sure, but I never really look to predictions. I just keep my buying on schedule as always, regardless of price. I make a monthly budget for purchasing gold and silver and proceed accordingly.

Maybe that makes me a lousy investor, but I am comfortable with it.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast