Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Bitcoin is a bubble get out while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDave View Post
    Where were you when Social Security and the state lotteries were getting started?
    Was that a rhetorical question?

Most of us weren't born when the Social Security Administration began on August 14, 1935.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by ianian View Post
    This thread MAY turn out to be as entertaining as the "Gold will rebound in days and when it does..."

Bitcoin was a bubble at $1000 a coin not too long ago I think?
    I remember when it dropped from about $1200 to about $700, and I although I grasped the concept, I didn't see any real value behind it. Could've / should've I guess, but I do remember a tech stock I followed back in the late 90s that ran from $7 a share to about $100 in a matter of about 6 months. Then about a month after the peak it tanked to near zero. Never expose funds to risk that you aren't willing to lose. Its a crazy ride, but I say take your profits incrementally until you're playing with the house's money.

Quote Originally Posted by 4nineFine View Post
    ..... I say take your profits incrementally until you're playing with the house's money.
    Good advice.

You'll never lose money taking a profit.
    Disclaimer:Later....

Quote Originally Posted by Count Stacula View Post
    Good advice.

You'll never lose money taking a profit.
    Yup the ones who have locked in a profit really can't lose. The buy and hold...its only going higher will learn a harsh lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDoc1958 View Post
    Was that a rhetorical question?

Most of us weren't born when the Social Security Administration began on August 14, 1935.
    We have much larger running ripoffs that no one even notices anymore.

Gold and bitcoin.
    ------------------

Bitcoin is a bubble. Bitcoin offers a lesson to gold investors;
    when gold will go in a bubble, sell.

http://news.gold-eagle.com/article/g...on-bitcoin/861

Quote Originally Posted by ianian View Post
    This thread MAY turn out to be as entertaining as the "Gold will rebound in days and when it does..."

It's up there in all-time classic titles, right along "Throw Caution To The Wind"...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910