Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin is a bubble get out while you can.

Default Bitcoin is a bubble get out while you can.

There is a ton of risky speculation in the market and has been for years now. You bitcoin owners are drunk at the punk bowl. It's a bubble gentleman and probably the closest parallel I can think of to Tulip Mania. At least tulips are real, pretty to look at and smell good. I don't know where the top or bottom is, but dammit if you have some I would get out. The whole world is in on this bubble.

Peter Schiff gave an excellent analysis

Last edited by jjmcwill; 12-05-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Okay, thanks!

Who needs a computer in their house? Really! This interweb fad is just going to pass. Get out while you can!
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    The whole world is in on this bubble.
    Personally I don't think a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the world is "in on this bubble" yet.

That's what I'm waiting for. The other 6 or 7 billion suckers to jump on board and then I'm jumping off!
    Disclaimer:Later....

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Who needs a computer in their house? Really! This interweb fad is just going to pass. Get out while you can!
    I remember a conversation, while having drinks at the pub in the 90's, and I was told just that.

those who ignore financial speculation history are doomed to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    There is a ton of risky speculation in the market and has been for years now. You bitcoin owners are drunk at the punk bowl. It's a bubble gentleman and probably the closest parallel I can think of to Tulip Mania. At least tulips are real, pretty to look at and smell good. I don't know where the top or bottom is, but dammit if you have some I would get out. The whole world is in on this bubble.
    OMG! I never realized!

Cellphones are a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFoilHat View Post
    I remember a conversation, while having drinks at the pub in the 90's, and I was told just that.
    Yeah, but you could have spent over 2K on a computer back then and it would be useless today...
    If I knew the answers I wouldn't be here

In 1993, my college advisor suggested that I do my Master's thesis on either Hypertext or Software Re-engineering (of COBOL programs).

The IBM main frames running COBOL programs were going to become extinct, or so I thought.

Who knew this thing called Hypertext was going to become important?
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast