Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: When it's time to sell...

  1. #1

    Unhappy When it's time to sell...

    Hey folks.
    I am looking to sell my silver collection.
    Under 300 ozt.
    I got about 40 ASE
    a 5ozt poured bar
    A couple hundred of the newest pre-64 silver coins like Washington quarters and Roosie dimes.
    Maybe 40 peace/morgan dollars.
    Rest is mercury/barber dimes, Barber quarters, Kennedy/Franklin/Walking liberty halves.

    I am sorry to have to ditch it, I will be keeping as much as I can, but I am going to be proposing to my girl soon and I would like to have the extra money.

    What is the best way to sell your silver? It seems like ebay auctions for coins get considerably higher prices if you first put them in $0.50 air tight capsules.

    I think I could make a lot more money selling them in small groups. like 5 coins at a time. I dont think I want to sell the collection as a whole for just pure melt value has there are some pretty decently old coins in the mix.

    Do you folks have any suggestions?

    Much appreciated!!

  2. #2

    Default

    Ghost , This is the Spirit of The Old Fart
    List them in the Buy/Sell/Trade on this forum I would be interested in the ASE's but I would like to knows What yous' Gots, Years ,condition , price etc. PM me on those. Thanks

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hey folks.
    I am looking to sell my silver collection.
    Under 300 ozt.
    I got about 40 ASE
    a 5ozt poured bar
    A couple hundred of the newest pre-64 silver coins like Washington quarters and Roosie dimes.
    Maybe 40 peace/morgan dollars.
    Rest is mercury/barber dimes, Barber quarters, Kennedy/Franklin/Walking liberty halves.

    I am sorry to have to ditch it, I will be keeping as much as I can, but I am going to be proposing to my girl soon and I would like to have the extra money.

    What is the best way to sell your silver? It seems like ebay auctions for coins get considerably higher prices if you first put them in $0.50 air tight capsules.

    I think I could make a lot more money selling them in small groups. like 5 coins at a time. I dont think I want to sell the collection as a whole for just pure melt value has there are some pretty decently old coins in the mix.

    Do you folks have any suggestions?

    Much appreciated!!
    "T' bes' ways ta sel silvers is a little bit atts a time, no faster t'an yer's bought it n' so fort'. But, onlee durin a Sell Cycle mate! Outside o' t'at advice is confushun n' sorrows..." - Captain Joshua Slane
    "Honur th' patterns an' move against th' trend lines. Patience, self-discipline an' tenacity wins th' lang gam!

  4. #4

    Default

    I would list it here; no middleman. You don't have a "ton" of it, so it shouldn't take long to sell it all.

    The other way would be a LCS that you developed a relationship.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    I would list it here; no middleman. You don't have a "ton" of it, so it shouldn't take long to sell it all.

    The other way would be a LCS that you developed a relationship.
    I agree with Atlas....but I would hold out until the prices are higher. Doesn't seem like you'd be in a rush to get rid of it all.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

  6. #6

    Default

    List it all on BS or RC sister sites in groups with prices per group, etc. Folks specify to sell by group all the time, or put a price on the whole lot. Some people just want specific pieces, some want dimes, some want halves, some want ASE, so yes you'll do better by selling individually, especially anything with numismatic value.

  7. #7

    Default

    Check out bullionstacker, things move there a lot faster than on the buy/sell here.

    Sadly, regardless of the current spot price demand for physical investment metals is in the dumps. Stuff that would usually move in a hurry doesn't draw the same premiums they used to. In the last couple of months I sold some silver and gold (got a chance to pick AU pre '33, dumped some cleaned pre '33 I had, dumped some generics in order to pick some nice Britannias on sale). Both went for melt and took time for them to move where before they would have moved faster and the silver at .50c premium. It is a buyer's market out there.

    300 ounces is almost $5k, certainly a nice tidy sum. If I may, I would suggest you figure out another way to make the extra money and keep the silver as part of your emergency funds. Just looking at your discretionary spending (a cup of coffee here, a magazine there) may reveal a few $ks that you are bleeding away without realizing it. Find out ways you can generate extra income. I pay for most of my expensive hobbies by buying and selling stuff.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE OLD FART View Post
    Ghost , This is the Spirit of The Old Fart
    List them in the Buy/Sell/Trade on this forum I would be interested in the ASE's but I would like to knows What yous' Gots, Years ,condition , price etc. PM me on those. Thanks
    Did something happen to the original "Old Fart"?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Did something happen to the original "Old Fart"?
    https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...Cycles/page201

    Yep sumthin did.... It were UGLI
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Umm, ok.

    Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •