Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Ready For It, Silver Will Rally to $130, Gold To $8,000 - CEO

Default Get Ready For It, Silver Will Rally to $130, Gold To $8,000 - CEO

Is 2018 the year of the silver rally? Keith Neumeyer, CEO of First Majestic Silver Corp., thinks so and expects the metal to climb eightfold over the next 3-5 years. He says silver is a story of supply and demand: “to go green, to do all the things we want to do as the human race gets off oil and gas, we need a ton of silver.” He says that unlike gold, silver is a strategic, rather than precious metal, and should trade closer to its mine ratio. “[First Majestic] is currently operating at a mine ratio of 9 ounces of gold for every ounce of silver, so silver should be trading at around 9:1.” Currently, the gold-to-silver ratio stands at around 76 and that is why Neumeyer says he sees silver prices headed for $130 an ounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitco News View Post
    Is 2018 the year of the silver rally? Keith Neumeyer, CEO of First Majestic Silver Corp., thinks so and expects the metal to climb eightfold over the next 3-5 years. He says silver is a story of supply and demand: “to go green, to do all the things we want to do as the human race gets off oil and gas, we need a ton of silver.” He says that unlike gold, silver is a strategic, rather than precious metal, and should trade closer to its mine ratio. “[First Majestic] is currently operating at a mine ratio of 9 ounces of gold for every ounce of silver, so silver should be trading at around 9:1.” Currently, the gold-to-silver ratio stands at around 76 and that is why Neumeyer says he sees silver prices headed for $130 an ounce.

you should revise what you wrote... you wrote "currently operating at a mine ratio of 9 ounces of gold for every ounce of silver" and that should actually read 1 ounce gold to 9 ounces silver!

I would be interested to hear what Daniela's personal view on this interview projection is. It seems that she is a bit "curious" at the beginning of the interview.

I like Keith, but I think he is a little delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    I like Keith, but I think he is a little delusional.
    Also, there is no way he would not be biased in this subject as the CEO of of First Majestic Silver. He will talk of silver like Real Estate Brokers will talk about when it's a good time to buy.

But it is true -- certain green technologies will be using more silver, I do believe real market value will go up -- but with the amounts he is talking about, it would be more about what will happen to fiat dollar inflation.

And if he thinks silver should be trading at 1:9 with gold, then would $130 silver only mean gold at about today's prices?
    Last edited by motocat; 11-30-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    I would be interested to hear what Daniela's personal view on this interview projection is. It seems that she is a bit "curious" at the beginning of the interview.
    I would love to hear Daniela say

"I've been listening to you bunch of clown's prattle on about silver and gold going to moon for almost a decade now... let's take a look at the last interview we had."

<video interlude>

"Now, can you explain why this time will be different?"

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Also, there is no way he would not be biased in this subject as the CEO of of First Majestic Silver. He will talk of silver like Real Estate Brokers will talk about when it's a good time to buy.

But it is true -- certain green technologies will be using more silver, I do believe real market value will go up -- but with the amounts he is talking about, it would be more about what will happen to fiat dollar inflation.

And if he thinks silver should be trading at 1:9 with gold, then would $130 silver only mean gold at about today's prices?
    Right,

If silver is at a 1:9 ratio and gold is at 8K, silver would be trading at 888.88.

At 130 $ an oz it has priced itself out and other technologies will bite. Silver Paste will go to something cheaper, and so on....
    Higher Silver Prices Have Consequences........
    Gold to 8,000 would destroy the Indian buying....... Think Out Loud
    Last edited by Mytal; 11-30-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

I believe that line is copyrighted.

See?

"Higher Silver Prices Have Consequences........"
    © WhatsUpDoc1958

Sure, the above line is true, but only if the following is also true:

Low silver prices have consequences......
    © WhatsUpDoc1958
    Last edited by WhatsUpDoc1958; 11-30-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some men’s principle to pay interest, and seems against others’ interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    At 130 $ an oz it has priced itself out and other technologies will bite. Silver Paste will go to something cheaper, and so on....
    Higher Silver Prices Have Consequences........
    Gold to 8,000 would destroy the Indian buying....... Think Out Loud
    You are thinking about this backwards. "8,000" gold does not mean you will by able to buy over 6 x more cars with you gold -- rather, it means fiat value will be less. And even if it did mean gold could get you 6 x more things on the market -- does not mean Indians and others will quit. Rather, it could set of a buying frenzy, with gold to even higher levels -- such is the nature of the digit worshiping human lemming as we can now see in other areas.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast