Thread: Most favorite lunar series coin/animal

Default Most favorite lunar series coin/animal - vote

Have to say australia 2000 series 1 silver dragon is mine.
    Post your favorite or most popular animal here, wether gold silver or series 1 or 2 or even different mint, whatever.
    Last edited by and4rik; 08-19-2017 at 03:21 AM.
    "What's in your safe!?"

Default 2010 Lunar Tiger Gold

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    Post your favorite or most popular animal here, wether gold silver or series 1 or 2 or even different mint, whatever.
    Personally I like the 2010 Perth Lunar Tiger (gold) and 2012 Dragon (silver) the best of the series. 2005 Rooster gold is nice too, a distant 3rd.

The other day Apmex had buy-back price of spot +$280 on the 1oz Gold Tiger. When I bought mine I paid maybe $5-10 more than the standard bullion coin (Maple/Eagle) - that has turned out well for me.

The simplicity of the Perth Lunar one series is my favorite. The challenge to obtain both the 1/2 and 1 oz coin series took awhile, and was interesting.

http://lynncoins.com/Australia_lunar...on_figures.htm
    Last edited by Mytal; 08-20-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    The simplicity of the Perth Lunar one series is my favorite. The challenge to obtain both the 1/2 and 1 oz coin series took awhile, and was interesting.
    2018 is the dog year. Hmmm, it might turn out to be a dog year if the market crash

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    the 2012 lunar dragon come pretty close

family of goats, horses and chicken are also attractive design.

Yes tiger is nice, scored a 1/10 oz gold when seller shipped the wrong year and did not care for a return. Cant remember which year was originally pirchased but it was a higher mintage.
    "What's in your safe!?"

I love the 2012 2 oz colored lunar dragon. The colors help you see the intricate design of the dragon. I have most of the various versions of the 2012 dragon, although the 2000 coin is very similar.

Gold buffalo and Gold Eagles are my two favorite animals.
    Disclaimer:Later....