Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Where now for Rhodium?

(Surprisingly) sharp price increase for rhodium; Price of ruthenium continues its steady climb; Increased demand for iridium

While it appeared at the end of last week that the rhodium market would settle down and stabilize, the market once again had its own ideas: Large-volume purchases, some of them speculative, drove the price sharply higher at the start of the reporting week. Rhodium clawed back $250/oz. over the course of the week. It is now just $125/oz. below the record high it reached at the end of October. The price fluctuations over the past four weeks – first, a price increase of $400/oz., followed by a decline of $350/oz. and then a quick recovery of $250/oz. – are unprecedented even though the reasons for them are, of course, clear. Potential industrial market participants, sellers and buyers alike, are understandably very nervous and have in some cases overreacted. In general, however, the upward movement appears to be supported by the fundamentals, as the auto industry continues to shift from platinum to palladium and rhodium given the much higher number of vehicles being ordered with gas engines over those with diesel engines. We anticipate a well-supported market with strong physical interest over the coming week.

https://www.heraeus.com/en/hpm/marke...t_reports.aspx

Anyone who has any idea how high Rhodium can go this time around -- and what is the driving force behind it's rapid recovery from $600/oz? Going to 2K likely, or that kind of swing no longer likely given so many who must have been loading up at sub $1k?

Regardless, for the first time, I'm happy I got Rhodium. It's the craziest of PM's -- but today it helped temper the losses all the other PM's took.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

I hadn't looked at POR since shortly after buying it last year. Then got the notify of new post in this thread so I took a look. Yippee we are on the way to 10K. In case not obvious... I have no idea where rhodium price is going. Could go to $1k for all I know. But as said nice to see the recent run.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    I hadn't looked at POR since shortly after buying it last year. Then got the notify of new post in this thread so I took a look. Yippee we are on the way to 10K. In case not obvious... I have no idea where rhodium price is going. Could go to $1k for all I know. But as said nice to see the recent run.
    yep i picked up 10 ozt last year just for the fun of it. if it should climb to 10k i would have to sell at least half and let the rest ride i think. buying gold with the frns from the sale.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910