Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto industry bubble starting to deflate.....

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    Having had the pleasure of riding both uber high end bikes, and base models (1984 Summer Olympic special edition US cycling team race bike, and a base model 12 speed Roadman), I can tell you that the top end bike smoothness of the shifting is great, but I actually ended up enjoying the Roadman more, as I had no problem beating the poop out of it, and as long as the shifters, and derailer worked ok, I got a greater workout of the heavier bike..... New trend in the top cyclists nowadays is riding very heavy (on purpose) bikes, training, endurance, muscle mass, all increase better with a heavier bike. Then when race time comes, use the feather lite $10k bike. Anyone who says that all these amateur cyclists should try to get to the point where it's ok to spend exponentially more $$$$ for shaving hundredths of an ounce off the bike weight is just self deluding that expensive = better for achieving a superior workout. Don't get me wrong.... it is definitely fun to ride a ghost of a machine between your legs, but the actual amount of muscle buildup and aerobic activity is definitely less, for equal speed and distance.
    Much as your tight pants and clicky shoes creep me out, I am nevertheless willing to extend my muddy, Slime-covered hand in friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDave View Post
    Much as your tight pants and clicky shoes creep me out, I am nevertheless willing to extend my muddy, Slime-covered hand in friendship.
    Yeah, never went for all that...... The most I ever got duded up for a bicycle was wearing jeans so I don't get road rash when I fall...

Yeah, never went for all that...... The most I ever got duded up for a bicycle was wearing jeans so I don't get road rash when I fall...
    Gotta be careful on the street! If you fall in the dirt, usually the worst thing is you'll get is a bad case of the giggles.

Gotta be careful on the street! If you fall in the dirt, usually the worst thing is you'll get is a bad case of the giggles.
    The worst thing are the "satan thorns" from ubiquitous weeds, they look just like little spiky sea urchins, about the size of a soy bean....after about 50 flat tires due to those things, went with solid foam filled tires. But hey... extra weight, better workout!

The worst thing are the "satan thorns" from ubiquitous weeds, they look just like little spiky sea urchins, about the size of a soy bean....after about 50 flat tires due to those things, went with solid foam filled tires. But hey... extra weight, better workout!
    Goatheads! I went to homebrew tubeless tires to fix that problem. Helps with weight too!

Don't even get me talking about sea urchins!

Goatheads! I went to homebrew tubeless tires to fix that problem. Helps with weight too!

Don't even get me talking about sea urchins!
    sea urchins is what Tyroleans they recommend you step on when you want to learn yodling.

It strengthens like the heavy bike your muscles, your vocals for a long time...

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    sea urchins is what Tyroleans they recommend you step on when you want to learn yodling.

It strengthens like the heavy bike your muscles, your vocals for a long time...

Golditiki2+++
    Ha ha! They have sea urchins in Tyrolia?!! Step on one, and you're going to be swearing in tongues until they fester and pop back out, two or three days later!

Sea urchins and mosquitoes. Kill them. Kill them all! Any way you can!

Looks like the market is better than we think, just a slowdown and slight pullback over a few years. Used cars will be a good deal during the next few years, up to a 25% discount.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/08/auto-...n-stanley.html

Ha ha! They have sea urchins in Tyrolia?!! Step on one, and you're going to be swearing in tongues until they fester and pop back out, two or three days later!

Sea urchins and mosquitoes. Kill them. Kill them all! Any way you can!
    Hi,hi, no they do not have sea urchins in Tyrolia ( i suppose) but the father of my son-in-law started yodling when he tepped on a sea-urchin. Here we only have mosquitos, and did you know that wearing a hat with red geraniums ( but i do not know of which genus )
    In switserland west switzerland they use to have them on the window sills and in the black forest the women used to have them on their hats.
    Their odor is reknown the ward off mosquitos. I have been searching to find the right geranium stock but failed until know to get the right ones... I can recognize the right ones from their odour i still remember.

Golditiki2+++

I feel it's just temporary and the bubble will continue to inflate atleast for 2 more years.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast