Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Auto industry bubble starting to deflate.....

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    during covid19 pandemic, all ICE sales from all manufacturers were down. Tesla was the only car maker had an increase in sales.
    The inflection is reached. This time is really different
    My 2 cars are getting old. Gotta replace my 2nd radiator in 4 months this weekend. I really want an EV but I wonder how many the grid could handle even if they all charge at night. Time to build more nuclear power plants as well?

I just contacted Tesla about their solar panel setup for homes. Getting ready to charge at home. About $8000 (buying 4KW system) with a $2000 tax credit is pretty good.
    Last edited by Locke888; 09-16-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Long term EV is the way to go. The question I have for the future is how will governments react to the loss of gas tax revenue and what will they come up with for EV owners. Cost for juice might get a lot more expensive? I recall some years ago, back when Schwarzenegger was governor in CA, he was pushing bio diesel fuel and people were telling their stories about making their own fuel at home. Right after that they received notices from the fed's that they wanted X dollars for failure to pay road tax on their home made diesel. Taxes drives the pol's and they will always come up with their pound of flesh.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

My big gripe with the currently available EV, is that they all seem to be satellite linked for upgrades to software & the "owner" has no direct control of anything. A lot of the auto drive systems seem to have been causing crashes.

If someone sold one with controls more like an electric forklift, or golf cart, where the driver has full direct control, I MIGHT be more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    Long term EV is the way to go. The question I have for the future is how will governments react to the loss of gas tax revenue and what will they come up with for EV owners. Cost for juice might get a lot more expensive? I recall some years ago, back when Schwarzenegger was governor in CA, he was pushing bio diesel fuel and people were telling their stories about making their own fuel at home. Right after that they received notices from the fed's that they wanted X dollars for failure to pay road tax on their home made diesel. Taxes drives the pol's and they will always come up with their pound of flesh.
    The question is, why do you need to collect any type of taxes. Just print it. If the city or state needs it just have the Feds print it. That is essentially what is happening all around the world for a good % of all government spending. If you can print 40% of what you spend why not 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    They've been kicking around a Vehicle Miles Traveled Tax for years (besides their criminal toll roads) and they'll get it.
    All new cars have tracking devices and good luck detecting or disabling going forward.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910