Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto industry bubble starting to deflate.....

Default Auto industry bubble starting to deflate.....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fords...--finance.html

Fed needs to lower rates or accelerate the printing press in order to re-inflate.......

Man am i tired of hearing all the Doom and Gloom...
    (Everything is Great is better than the Truth)
    x3

This article is not gloomy at all, 8 years of expansion! It sounds more like everyone went out and bought a car/truck. Tesla sales are fine, so the rich have money, and anyone can get a loan now, they just put a GPS in your car to keep track of it depending on your credit score. I do see the repo trucks out and about more often, but allot of car loans are out, to be expected. We have a new president as well, so people may be a little hesitant. Heres an updated article.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/auto-sal...-into-reverse/

I am still stuck in the days of a $5k brand new car. Where we are at now is pure bloat.
    I blame squarely the insurance industry and the trade freedom for safety crowd.

I say it is way way way past time for a major turn around in the cost of an automobile.
    !
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    I am still stuck in the days of a $5k brand new car. Where we are at now is pure bloat.
    I blame squarely the insurance industry and the trade freedom for safety crowd.

I say it is way way way past time for a major turn around in the cost of an automobile.
    !
    Park the damn thing, and get a bike or walk!

Or not. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDave View Post
    Park the damn thing, and get a bike or walk!

Or not. Your choice.
    Shirley you jest
    or not

I still don't get the ideology that a car is dangerous
    It's the driver that's dangerous

And don't get a bike, there aren't any cheap US made ones available
    Not Yet
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    Shirley you jest
    or not

I still don't get the ideology that a car is dangerous
    It's the driver that's dangerous

And don't get a bike, there aren't any cheap US made ones available
    Not Yet
    Among the things I've done that no one will probably believe is parking my car for an extended period of time, and discovering that I really didn't need it.

Another thing I don't need is a cheap bike. Mine cost about as much as a year's insurance (yow!), and it's been kicking A longer than you'd want to keep your typical 'Merkin car!

And don't call me Shirley.

Ford Motor Co. just booted out the old CEO this morning and replaced him. 37% decline in share value the past year.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDave View Post
    Among the things I've done that no one will probably believe is parking my car for an extended period of time, and discovering that I really didn't need it.

Another thing I don't need is a cheap bike. Mine cost about as much as a year's insurance (yow!), and it's been kicking A longer than you'd want to keep your typical 'Merkin car!

And don't call me Shirley.
    Having had the pleasure of riding both uber high end bikes, and base models (1984 Summer Olympic special edition US cycling team race bike, and a base model 12 speed Roadman), I can tell you that the top end bike smoothness of the shifting is great, but I actually ended up enjoying the Roadman more, as I had no problem beating the poop out of it, and as long as the shifters, and derailer worked ok, I got a greater workout of the heavier bike..... New trend in the top cyclists nowadays is riding very heavy (on purpose) bikes, training, endurance, muscle mass, all increase better with a heavier bike. Then when race time comes, use the feather lite $10k bike. Anyone who says that all these amateur cyclists should try to get to the point where it's ok to spend exponentially more $$$$ for shaving hundredths of an ounce off the bike weight is just self deluding that expensive = better for achieving a superior workout. Don't get me wrong.... it is definitely fun to ride a ghost of a machine between your legs, but the actual amount of muscle buildup and aerobic activity is definitely less, for equal speed and distance.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast