Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three best and worst performing commodities of 2016 and 2017

Palladium Panic-Bid To Record Highs As Shortage Fears Mount

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-03/palladium-panic-bid-record-highs-shortage-fears-mount

Palladium was up 55% in 2017 - the best performing commodity in the world - and if the first two days of this year are anything to go by, 2018 will see a repeat.
    Palladium inventories in warehouses tracked by Nymex shrank 25 percent in December, capping a fourth straight annual decline, the longest streak since 2000.

Amid shrinking inventories and still strong (credit-fueled) auto production (and sales), Bloomberg reports the metal used to curb pollution from gasoline-fueled engines climbed to a record on the New York Mercantile Exchange as the dollar weakened for a fifth straight day.

Palladium production will continue to lag behind consumption until at least 2022, Morgan Stanley analysts forecast in a report Dec. 11.
    “When I feel the heat, I see the light.”

― Everett Dirksen

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdude View Post
    ha ha

My previous boss (married into a Muslim family) said that was his Peace Plan for the Middle East..... fly over and drop bacon everywhere. They will start eating it and say " Hey this is crap is excellent! we've been lied to all along" and they will stop fighting and eat pork....
    This is a good plan - for sure. To ensure it's maximum effect, however, he should include some lettuce and tomatoes and some toast - lots of butter and mayo ( (Hellmanns - for maximum effect)
    Who are the righteous?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own.

"Man Makes Himself"........V. Gordon Childe

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual. in conscience and character...." .......TR The wisdom is knowing which is when...MarkPTI

Militia

Hello, The Bloomberg Commodity Index, which is a diversified benchmark for commodity investments, gained 10%. Uranium ended the year down 41%.
    Thank you

Jeffrey Gundlach sees a big rally in commodities;

"Whenever you have a late cycle going into the front end of a
    recession, you have a massive rally in commodities."

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-...ntributor=Mish

Commodities in up swing. Time to own commodities:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...se-tense-times

My note: aluminium companies like Alcoa are doing fine, in a strong uptrend.
    There are commodities ETF's like IYM...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12