2.685...................?
    x3

2.588.................???
    x3

2.524.......................?
    x3

2.441......................?
    x3

just for fun's sake because i bought two swiss 20 goldfrank pieces at 215 euro each and remembered to have bought same kind of pieces ten years ago at 110 euro each. Means that 110 piece is now worth 215 euro spot. gain 105 euro ( well it is money depreciation... )
    If i had in 2009 bought 10 year T bonds and had a 2.6 coupon and reinvested it = compound interest, i would now have 142 euro.

Gold produced 105 euros and the T bond 32 euro. People sitting on T bonds " earn" money but lost their wits.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    just for fun's sake because i bought two swiss 20 goldfrank pieces at 215 euro each and remembered to have bought same kind of pieces ten years ago at 110 euro each. Means that 110 piece is now worth 215 euro spot. gain 105 euro ( well it is money depreciation... )
    If i had in 2009 bought 10 year T bonds and had a 2.6 coupon and reinvested it = compound interest, i would now have 142 euro.

Gold produced 105 euros and the T bond 32 euro. People sitting on T bonds " earn" money but lost their wits.

Golditiki2+++
    to equal the goldperformance over the ten years ( and provided the produce was reinvested ( compounded ) the Tbond rate should have been 6.93 pct and to outperform at least 7 percent.

Glory Hallelujia the weakminded because it is said that they will see the realm of heaven.

Imagine: the Tbond which is a tier Tier I its value is melting like ice cream in the banks their books. Nobody wondering why they stick to the bondnonsense which impoverishes them daily. Either they are stupid or this is a conspiration.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    to equal the goldperformance over the ten years ( and provided the produce was reinvested ( compounded ) the Tbond rate should have been 6.93 pct and to outperform at least 7 percent.

Glory Hallelujia the weakminded because it is said that they will see the realm of heaven.

Imagine: the Tbond which is a tier Tier I its value is melting like ice cream in the banks their books. Nobody wondering why they stick to the bondnonsense which impoverishes them daily. Either they are stupid or this is a conspiration.

Golditiki2+++
    And just think T-bills were the flee to safety investments for so many when compared to Japan/Europe debt.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    And just think T-bills were the flee to safety investments for so many when compared to Japan/Europe debt.
    yep, I remember when that blabberwaterfall Kissinger sold US Tbonds to the Chinese they got a 15 pct yearly interest or something like that, no wonder they were eager to hold Tbonds, but that time is gone.
    Nowadays Tbonds are junk and they better sell them before their purchasing value drops to half of what it is nowadays ( and that value already dropped ).

To do buzz with the US is not that attractive anymore when one has to buy Tbonds who will depreciate over time faster than a sinking brick, but what do you buy if you do not have immediate needs? Invest in third countries creating demandpoles for their stuff is probably what they figured to be the answer.

Golditiki2+++

2.438.......................?
    x3