Thread: Cash-n-carry Silver in Washington State

Default Cash-n-carry Silver in Washington State

My employer has approached me about a transfer to one of our offices in either Seattle, or Spokane, Washington, USA.
    I'm thinking about a trip up there to test the waters, and would like the boards advice on the best PM shop in both cities for buying silver...cash-n-carry!
    Save the restaurant suggestions for another thread, please, just looking for the best PM shop you locals would recommend i visit.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    My employer has approached me about a transfer to one of our offices in either Seattle, or Spokane, Washington, USA.
    I'm thinking about a trip up there to test the waters, and would like the boards advice on the best PM shop in both cities for buying silver...cash-n-carry!
    Save the restaurant suggestions for another thread, please, just looking for the best PM shop you locals would recommend i visit.

Thank you!
    I live just outside of Seattle. I do not have much experience in buying and selling locally since most of my transactions are online. However here in the Seattle area there is a chain of four LCSs called Bellevue Rare Coins (you can look up website) that I have used several times, mostly for when I wanted to sell some silver. Very nice reputable stores with knowledgeable staff. I've walked through a few other stores that were not nearly as impressive. Anyway, just a suggestion to maybe call or look up the website to see if they'd suit your needs.
    Last edited by SilverStocker; 02-23-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Are you already in Washington or from another state? We have a high sales tax in WA, but PMs are exempt (at least for now -- they tried to tax it a few years back and failed). There are many many places around here, but I have not sold much back or bought as I too prefer to do that online. I have bought and sold a little at Renton Coin Shop. I think their buyback is a bit low and their selling prices a bit high (when comparing to the big online vendors). But they aren't as bad as some of the buy/sell gold shops and pawn shops around. I find better deals on Craigslist.

Bellevue Rare Coins has selling prices on their website which don't seem bad. They are large, so maybe their buyback prices are good (but I have never been there). I think it is difficult for any storefront to compete with the big online places.

I wont be there until late March....I looked at Bellvue web site...not much info on prices.
    I'm looking to buy some silver while in Washington...not sell.

My favorite LCS in the Sound is Renton Coin. They have better prices than a lot of places. The owner is a really down to earth guy, yakked at him once at a show years ago about where the price of silver was going. I was new to stacking and thinking 'todamoon!', and he had a much more prescient opinion. He had a 1,000 oz ultra toned warped slug of silver behind him that was really cool too.

I've heard Seattle Coin Shop has very competetive prices on silver eagles.
    Trading fiat currency for precious metals is not an investment. Rather, this amounts to disinvestment from currency mandated for tax purposes. Gold and silver are money. Currency is merely a medium of exchange.

http://americancoinandvault.com/

It's been years since I was there but they were always great to work with. My first time was there and you never forget your first time.

Hay, I just posted about selling at the flea markets this spring in WA! Come on up. Its the last best place in America (in spite of the libs and beggars on ever corner) but you have to promise to tell everyone back home it rains all the time. And moss grows between our toes. That's why we ware socks with our saddles.

I would go to the city then google up each cities local coin shops, check reviews and give a call, and say something like ask if they have anything your looking for, like what your interested in, and do they have much bullion in stock to move or good deals on anything like quantity, and how much do they charge over spot because they definitely vary. Pick a couple where they seem nice and you should enjoy your visits to the coin shops more than dealing with how cranky some of these owners can be, it's a tough business paying for a retail shop, and I'm sure more LCS have had to open ebay stores and get their online presence going to help advertise and move product.

The best search words for me has been "exchange gold".
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.