Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does this mean

Default What does this mean

Can someone who more familiar with options in the silver market help explain this to me. Now I know in the silver market there are a lot of pumpers and dumpers and traders who think they know everything. But I need help with what I link here. Is this block trade big enough to push the price up? Is this a bet that the price of silver is going to above $20? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-june-21-calls

Just stick to your coin collection!

When you still believe in this utter nonsense that is supposed to move markets: you must stay away from short time trading or trading at all!
    In case you are new, I'm to lazy to look into it, just read all the old threads from 2011 to 2015..Then you'll know what you can expect

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post

When you still believe in this utter nonsense that is supposed to move markets: you must stay away from short time trading or trading at all!
    In case you are new, I'm to lazy to look into it, just read all the old threads from 2011 to 2015..Then you'll know what you can expect
    well, if one wants to expamd..go fir it

dyodd
    seek knowledge

practice with an account that is undeposited monies ( they all offer accounts to learn)
    read, study, stay current... star small when real monies start their influx..

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

good luck''options are a hands on experience, eyes on, in a chair watching screens, timing it all..

Yes, silver is going over 20. Concerning yourself with the why's is a mistake. Just study the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas mike View Post
    Can someone who more familiar with options in the silver market help explain this to me. Now I know in the silver market there are a lot of pumpers and dumpers and traders who think they know everything. But I need help with what I link here. Is this block trade big enough to push the price up? Is this a bet that the price of silver is going to above $20? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-june-21-calls
    Hi atlas mike,

Is this block trade big enough to push the price up?
    It might have pushed the price of the options up, but option trades do not affect the price of the underlying asset.

Is this a bet that the price of silver is going to above $20?
    It is a bet that the price of the June $21 calls are going above 16.3 cents. The POS does not have to go above $20 to make this option trade profitable.

This could also be someone selling calls. There are two sides to every trade. Someone sold the calls and someone bought the calls. I would not INFER anything from that trade.

The ZH post goes into detail about the number of strategies that might be involved, including strangles. Don't base your buying or selling on the OPTIONS market.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 02-18-2017 at 09:35 AM.

It's all meaningless. The are two sides to every trade and people who care to one opinion or the other. The panic people seem in control when the price goes up, with manic eyes. They seem in control and happy to buy when it's low... Back up the truck!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Hi atlas mike,

It might have pushed the price of the options up, but option trades do not affect the price of the underlying asset.

It is a bet that the price of the June $21 calls are going above 16.3 cents. The POS does not have to go above $20 to make this option trade profitable.
    Oh, the Call cost 16.3 cents and they bought 3,100 calls. Not the price per oz. I see. Options are confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post

Not new here, just took time off. I knew this was a good place to come to get an explanation. I am actually getting into buy silver again too so good timing.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas mike View Post
    Not new here, just took time off. I knew this was a good place to come to get an explanation. I am actually getting into buy silver again too so good timing.
    Welcome back! Sticking to collecting/stacking physical metals is the safest way to store your savings.
    For me it is at least for the past two years, the demise of the euro is evident....For the the peeps in USD territory it is wise to keep buying since the USD strenght is pressuring the pm prices in USD lower again.

Getting into options or metal stocks is costing most peeps money these days because these react multiple times more to chances in the pm pricing in USD....I was expecting the USD to drop when Trump got into office, didn't happen yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast