Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I sell gold bracelets and buy silver??? What would you do.

Call around and find a dealer who is actually interested in doing a trade. If it's quality jewelry you should have no problem getting a fair trade. Silver will probably do better than gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post

Currently GSR is appx. 69-70 . . . so no, don't sell gold for silver yet.
    Next step is trade hand over fist

Trextroy if they are Mens Id love to see pics of them especially the 14k.

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    never bought much 18k jewelry or 14k on the cheap for resale... don't know why.... never interested me like sterling silver or bullion and numis.... my wife an i have a like for US-SW native American jewelry, and the older the better, modernist also at times, by makers known.....

but i too would keep, and or use or gift?

i guess it may depend on your finances and what you can flip it for, and your own personality..not sure our opinions will help you.....
    I frequent a jewelry/pawn store a few towns away, known them since as a kid , my father taking me there. The old man handed it down to his son , so he/ we know each other.. Mostly like his two female German Shephards that peruse the place while open for business.
    He has often let me in on some items he was going to junk out, where they could easily be tooled into a bracelet and sometimes the waste was the price to do this. Some a new clasp and polish... Lots of work. To hold Gold jewelry, is like holding $ , Just as anything of value
    Regards Capt

I would keep the gold, mind u....I am bored of silver, barely even buy it anymore....like in the Olympics
    ...go for the gold
    One in a million...GNR ...sums it up nicely

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    I would keep the gold, mind u....I am bored of silver, barely even buy it anymore....like in the Olympics
    ...go for the gold
    The whole part of storing it makes one think... There is a time , when less (tozs) are more.....
    Waiting....Waiting. No ratio in the forecast......
    Happy Stacking.
    Last edited by Mytal; 02-17-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    The whole part of storing it makes one think... There is a time , when less (tozs) are more.....
    Waiting....Waiting. No ratio in the forecast......
    Happy Stacking.
    Ratio wise point to silver....I am NOT...renting another damn safety deposit box

I am only holding this so to trade for gold. But at some point I am going to have to STOP buying silver......UGGGHHHH....
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    I am only holding this so to trade for gold. But at some point I am going to have to STOP buying silver......UGGGHHHH....
    Yeah it is addictive because of price...gold is so expensive for a small chunk....but once u get on the gold....silver is never the same

I'm in the minority here I guess.......
    I buy scrap gold all the time and the only time I keep gold is when there is a double eagle or other coin jewelry I'll keep the coin otherwise all the rings and chains get melted down and I get my initial investment back to my bankroll and take my profits in 10 ounce silver bars always. Diamonds gemstones are a nice byproduct from this as I only pay for the gold value and end up with the rest for free which I turn into more 10 ounce silver bars.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast