Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I sell gold bracelets and buy silver??? What would you do.

Default Should I sell gold bracelets and buy silver??? What would you do.

I lurk and read here and have never posted. I am a stacker for about 5 years now. I just bought 3 gold bracelets. Two of the bracelets are 18k gold and total 60 grams. The other is 14k and 20 grams. I got a very good deal on these and only paid $1000 total for all three. I have been debating internally if I should just keep them until gold goes substantially up or sell now and buy silver. I generally buy generic bars and some eagles, maples, etc. Thanks for any opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by trextroy View Post
    I lurk and read here and have never posted. I am a stacker for about 5 years now. I just bought 3 gold bracelets. Two of the bracelets are 18k gold and total 60 grams. The other is 14k and 20 grams. I got a very good deal on these and only paid $1000 total for all three. I have been debating internally if I should just keep them until gold goes substantially up or sell now and buy silver. I generally buy generic bars and some eagles, maples, etc. Thanks for any opinions.
    Buy silver if you like Lad, but selling gold to buy silver is gambling. Are you a gambling man? If not, then best to abandon that idea. Now back to my meditations n' such!
    Last edited by joshuaslane; 02-16-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trextroy View Post
    That was a real bargain. If they are good looking on top of it, I would keep them. Gold is the king of metals and you bought well.

D+

You might get a different answer here on the silver forum than you would over on the gold forum

I would keep them. The whole "sell to buy" sounds like money, from your good deal, will be evaporated .
    Jmo
    Last edited by Mytal; 02-17-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    I would keep them. The whole "sell to buy" sounds like money, from your good deal, will be evaporated .
    Jmo
    never bought much 18k jewelry or 14k on the cheap for resale... don't know why.... never interested me like sterling silver or bullion and numis.... my wife an i have a like for US-SW native American jewelry, and the older the better, modernist also at times, by makers known.....

but i too would keep, and or use or gift?

i guess it may depend on your finances and what you can flip it for, and your own personality..not sure our opinions will help you.....

Currently GSR is appx. 69-70 . . . so no, don't sell gold for silver yet.

Nice chart. And just to add my two cents, the GSR has stayed between 60 and 75 since 2012, except for 2015 Q4 when it went to 80 for a short time.
    I would also hold the gold for now. The GSR trade requires two specific conditions to happen at the same time. A good market to sell gold and a good market to buy silver and I'm not convinced either condition is met.
    Nice buy on the gold, don't be in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzuar View Post
    Nice chart. And just to add my two cents, the GSR has stayed between 60 and 75 since 2012, except for 2015 Q4 when it went to 80 for a short time.
    I would also hold the gold for now. The GSR trade requires two specific conditions to happen at the same time. A good market to sell gold and a good market to buy silver and I'm not convinced either condition is met.
    Nice buy on the gold, don't be in a hurry.
    would one not think we may be many years away from a GSR, dipping below say 58/60..i do..

They say when the shtf the best metal to own is cheap gold jewelry.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast