Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which to keep when selling - less worn 60's or more worn 40's and 30's washington quarters?

Default Which to keep when selling - less worn 60's or more worn 40's and 30's washington quarters?

I looked but could not find on this forum so here is my situation. I am selling some 90% quarters and dimes to get cash to buy Pt. at current prices. Knowing which to keep between mercs or rosies on the dimes is easy for me. My question is this: Would it be better in the long run for me to keep the more worn 30's and 40's Washington quarters and sell the much less worn condition 50's and especially 60's quarters? I realize if I were selling for ASW I would get more for the 64's that have more silver content, but, I am selling the dimes and quarters for a certain x face value. I have more than I need to sell so I will be keeping some of them. I am keeping the merc's dimes and selling the rosies. What about the Washington's? Thanks. Max.

I would keep the 30-40’s and sell the others. It seems 50’s and more so the 60’s are always around. I hardly find older ones. Keep the old ones. Your area may differ.
    I wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong. -The Hag

yes, that is the general rule of thumb I thought of as well. thanks boss

Personally for me it would depend on how worn they are. I'd keep AU/BU quarters from the 60's over extremely worn culls from the 30-40's.

Everyone has their own personal preference but in washington quarter sales I have completed buyers seemed more concerned with condition over dates unless we are talking the key dates ....32-d/s, 34d, 35d, 36d.
    Buy Low Sell High

Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

Yep, I'd keep the 32d/s, 34d, 35d, and 36d.....and when the GSR gets right...I'm trading the rest of the quarters in. You should sell the Mercs as well....because I'm trying to buy them ALL!!!! I love me some Mercs.

Keep the clean ones. Glad to see you are trading up for Pt

yep thanks absum. i actually think that it may have been you that gave me the idea to start doing the research on this decision. i never have bought PT before but think I may give it a shot. I may be posting silver kennedys on the buy/sell/trade section to offload some of my 90% Kennedys. I still have to sort through the quarters and dimes. As I looked at the Rooseveldts I actually found nearly a half roll of key dates.

I'm looking to sell a few hundred cull Mercury dimes on flea bay with the hopes of high # of x's over face.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I'm looking to sell a few hundred cull Mercury dimes on flea bay with the hopes of high # of x's over face.
    yes you will have to get a higher x's face in order to pay the fees and shipping.

So to summarize hold on to low mintage/key and better condition? I'm looking to add to my 90%, junk wise which 90% is most desirable outside the dollars which cost way to much in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast