Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Semi-Numis buy-back price

Quote Originally Posted by JM_Silver_Addict View Post
    OP the best way to get way over spot is other collector's and the best way to do it is locally not online. I spent years at local coin shops and large bullion dealers meeting their customers/fellow stackers and over time after seeing the same faces we exchange numbers and that's how it starts. I've made tens of thousands in profits selling rare bars to locals and even acquiring rare bars for myself in my personal collection. Build relationships locally and capitalize......It's cash in hand so no bs with online and taxes and other fees, that's why I like local it's just cash and walk away.

some folks, many folks do just this, from bullion to much other....
    out of the box thoughts and work, will lead to much exposure...exposure leads to success if you are fair, consistent and exert the energy, the time is spent growing yourself and at minimum a self sustained hobby....at maximum, much much more...

KUDOS...KUDOS KUDOS on your point JM silver addict.... exactly, make it your drug of choice, to benefit the best as possible on any business deal, be it small or grandiose......

for me personally i have built much of my business life, income starting as such, by profiting locally, searching out on MY OWN, over small deals......40 years later, i look back and that was the exact REASON i became successful in my endeavours, which were mostly buy sell trade, of much other than bullion or coins (though that was my start).....it stated local and it went well beyond..

the final thought is you can take it as far as you wish, on your terms...
    step out of the normal comfort zone and work for yourself, from a self sustaining hobby at minimum, to full fledged business endeavors, if that ever becomes the intention.....

someone has to be the one on the better end of the deal, choose yourself to do so..!!!, it can all start by flipping to the proper person, in this case bullion, find them...!!as JM states they are out there, and the network you can possibly build can be endless endless in scope....

You hit the nail on the head Capt!
    When I started making my local contacts it was just so I could buy Johnson Matthey bars direct from people before they sold to dealers so I wouldn't miss out because dealers sell what they have to the first person that comes in. Then it naturally led to meeting other collector's and selling my rare stuff for a profit then oddly enough another door opened randomly and now I buy scrap gold and diamonds off people.

You never know where one contact may lead you......It's been a fun and profitable ride thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by JM_Silver_Addict;2574615[B
    ]You hit the nail on the head Capt! [/B]
    When I started making my local contacts it was just so I could buy Johnson Matthey bars direct from people before they sold to dealers so I wouldn't miss out because dealers sell what they have to the first person that comes in. Then it naturally led to meeting other collector's and selling my rare stuff for a profit then oddly enough another door opened randomly and now I buy scrap gold and diamonds off people.

You never know where one contact may lead you......It's been a fun and profitable ride thus far.
    no you did.

i have told my story for many years here....

some folks are just simple stackers, and i get it, but they wonder how some get the "deals".....

then they, some stackers wonder how one grew into a larger collector, or collection... if done properly of months and followed through for years, it all comes together and usually on the dime of "profits", not alway just $$$$ out of one's pocket...be it bullion or other.... buy low sell high is universal..

What semis would you guys suggest? Would a 2017 kookaburra be better than a '16?

The hanging out at LCSs, meeting people and building relationships is all good if that's your thing. It is certainly not my thing. I have no interest in meeting people at the shops or building relationships or spending my time there. Nothing wrong with any of the dealers or customers, I'm just not interested. I also don't like using Craigslist or even meeting people locally. I'm a friendly dude but not social like that. If it is more your thing, selling online such as Ebay works GREAT if you price competitively. And sure it takes some work, but it also takes work hanging out at shops or arranging to meet people in person. As they say, to each their own. As I said local is great if that is for you, but online is great too and that is for me.

As far as the question above about Kooks, I personally love the '16s and purchased a few hundred. I have not purchased a single '17. But that is just because I like the '16 design. However right now the '16s are more expensive than the '17s so take your pick. Prov has a pretty good price on them, and maybe JMB.
    Last edited by SilverStocker; 02-13-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStocker View Post
    The hanging out at LCSs, meeting people and building relationships is all good if that's your thing. It is certainly not my thing. I have no interest in meeting people at the shops or building relationships or spending my time there. Nothing wrong with any of the dealers or customers, i'm just not interested. I also don't like using Craigslist or even meeting people locally. I'm a friendly dude but not social like that. If it is more your thing, selling online such as Ebay works GREAT if you price competitively. and sure it takes some work, but it also takes work hanging out at shops or arranging to meet people online. As they say, to each their own. As I said local is great if that is for you, but online is great to and that is for me.

As far as the question above about Kooks, I personally love the '16s and purchased a few hundred. I have not purchased a single '17. But that is just because I like the '16 design. However right now the '16s are more expensive than the '17s so take your pick. Prov has a pretty good price on them, and maybe JMB.
    i hear ya,,, understood,,, we are all different, but ya may have missed the point of building a network and having clients and having folks know you "buy"....
    LCS's are fine to visit...sure not to hang and live... they are making the money, you are just a visitor.....

where one should be interested, if inclined, as a stacker that wants to buy low and flip and upbuild???.... to profit and be a potential buyer you need to find those folks that frequent those LCS's, before they are the clients of said LCS..... i want to be the buyer of numis to bullion that most LCS's end up with... that is where ya build SUCCESS in this field.........that has been my strategy since i started taking this serious..., been a partner in an LCS back several years for a stint, it is 50& of the time boring, but i was not the guy behind the counter either...just helping the startup, that ultimately did not succeed, and i lost a bit of capital on that stint...
    private buys, from a seller seeking an LCS, is a wonderful chance and worth the efforts..!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdabiulder View Post
    What semis would you guys suggest? Would a 2017 kookaburra be better than a '16?
    Start with a plan, let this plan keep adapting , changing. Why do you want to hold ,high premium paid ,silver bullion for soo long.
    Just a question...
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    i hear ya,,, understood,,, we are all different, but ya may have missed the point of building a network and having clients and having folks know you "buy"....
    LCS's are fine to visit...sure not to hang and live... they are making the money, you are just a visitor.....

where one should be interested, if inclined, as a stacker that wants to buy low and flip and upbuild???.... to profit and be a potential buyer you need to find those folks that frequent those LCS's, before they are the clients of said LCS..... i want to be the buyer of numis to bullion that most LCS's end up with... that is where ya build SUCCESS in this field.........that has been my strategy since i started taking this serious..., been a partner in an LCS back several years for a stint, it is 50& of the time boring, but i was not the guy behind the counter either...just helping the startup, that ultimately did not succeed, and i lost a bit of capital on that stint...
    private buys, from a seller seeking an LCS, is a wonderful chance and worth the efforts..!
    I get that too. And honestly I wish I was the personality type that felt more comfortable wheeling and dealing in person. I'm just a somewhat shy dude and would rather just stay in my little circles. I come from a musical world and feel comfortable socializing in that world. I enjoy the PMs as an investment and collectible but socially it is not my "world" in which to hang or wheel and deal with others. This world is more private for me, other than y'all here that I hang with in cyberville! So online just comes easier with my PM dealings, with the exception that I will go in and sell to the local LCS with what is left over of my generic and ASEs and Maples.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStocker View Post
    I get that too. And honestly I wish I was the personality type that felt more comfortable wheeling and dealing in person. I'm just a somewhat shy dude and would rather just stay in my little circles. I come from a musical world and feel comfortable socializing in that world. I enjoy the PMs as an investment and collectible but socially it is not my "world" in which to hang or wheel and deal with others. This world is more private for me, other than y'all here that I hang with in cyberville! So online just comes easier with my PM dealings, with the exception that I will go in and sell to the local LCS with what is left over of my generic and ASEs and Maples.
    we all make the world go round... that we do, and in different fashion all along the way... diverse...yup... if you are happy and it works, i get it....enjoy and live as you wish...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdabiulder View Post
    Hi! This is my first post here. I see on many well known silver websites like Provident that carry coins traditionally categorized as "semi-numismatic", such as a kookaburra or panda, with buy back prices far (abnormally far!) lower than purchase prices, and the buy back prices hardly change year to year. While the price to buy a kookaburra goes up maybe $3/yr, the buy back price says around spot + $1. This seems odd to me. Obviously the websites need to make a profit. Furthermore, my local coin shop buys back coins of any series, regardless of what they sell it for, for a fixed price. Kitco does this too. Huh?
    Don't buy into the hype. There is no such thing as a modern semi-numismatic bullion coin and you will never come anywhere close to recouping premiums if and when you decide to sell to a dealer. Sure you can go flip them over at Fee-Bay but after your 9%-13% fee hit plus time listing, shipping, getting scammed etc. it's hardly worth it. Stick with low premiums and whats popular and in demand. You can move it quickly, locally and recoup most if not all of your premium.
    Buy Low Sell High

Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast