Thread: Silver shorts better run or print more paper

Default Silver shorts better run or print more paper

They will need to print more fake paper silver to contain this.......

Production Plunged At The World’s Largest Primary Silver Mine

The largest primary silver mine in the world experienced a huge decline in its production due to falling ore grades. The Cannington Mine, now run by South 32 Ltd., suffered a huge drop in its silver production during its 1H 2017 reporting time-period. Some companies, such as South 32, start their fiscal new year in July. BHP Billiton, who owned the Cannington mine since its start-up in 1997, spun it off to South 32 back in 2015.

According to South 32’s production report, the Cannington Mine saw its silver production drop by a staggering 27% 1H 2017 versus 1H 2016:

https://srsroccoreport.com/productio...y-silver-mine/

Also india is consuming more silver

One place to pay extra attention to is India. The country is known for its appetite for gold, but its demand for silver is also becoming strong. Consider this: in the month of December 2016 alone, $87.09 million worth of silver was imported into India. (Source: “Quick Estimates For Selected Major Commodities For December 2016,” Government of India Ministry of Commerce and Industry, last accessed January 20, 2017.)

They only produce 20 million oz. a year.. Everyone is consuming more silver, ETF's, and thencoin/bar demand alone is eating up 200-300 million physical oz. a year, nearly 1/4th of production. With easy/free money policy (which we've been through before), the smart thing to do is of course keep investing in the equities but take your profits and convert to hard assets which it's obvious people are doing with ETF's still growing substantially as well, theirs your paper.

5 million oz. a year isn't going to make a difference in the nearly 900 million oz. produced every year that's like a half percent.

Naw......easy to add a few more digital zero's ....as long as they can settle with FRNs instead of with bullion it doesnt matter

I don't think this mine specifically is a huge concern for broader markets, but it does provide real world evidence that silver grades decrease the deeper you go due to silver having only been deposited epithermally (closer to the surface) where as gold was deposited both epithermally and mesothermally (deeper in the crust). Keep stacking while it's still cheap.
    Trading fiat currency for precious metals is not an investment. Rather, this amounts to disinvestment from currency mandated for tax purposes. Gold and silver are money. Currency is merely a medium of exchange.

it may be fresh off the presses...

ted butler..................HAAA...how long ya ben reding him LongDon?

but its the same old story again, still, again... it pops up a few times yearly...lol

shortages and paper squeeze plays... have heard it 20 times over 25 years...

get some now prognostication at work....the great rush for delivery will send prices to the sky.

well?..we'll see, i read it and have read it before..... like all others, and their take, sometime he may be right... me i am all for higher commodity prices, my stacks are cramped, and will stay that way anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post

but its the same old story again, still, again... it pops up a few times yearly...lol

get some now prognostication at work....the great rush for delivery will send prices to the sky.

well?..we'll see, i read it and have read it before..... like all others, and their take, sometime he may be right... me i am all for higher commodity prices, my stacks are cramped, and will stay that way anyway...
    The thing none of these sites acknowledge is that demand on the Comex is just as fake as the supply. The people buying these contracts don't want a pile of metal, and more than likely couldn't pay for it if they did take delivery. Just look at the panic selling whenever margin rates go up
    If I knew the answers I wouldn't be here

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    The thing none of these sites acknowledge, is that demand on the Comex is just as fake as the supply. The people buying these contracts don't want a pile of metal, and more than likely couldn't pay for it if they did take delivery
    well, we understand.... and exactly, what paper squeeze to take metals physically... too funny...

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post

He's new to me - showed up via Windows 10 money icon this morning.