Thread: Silver manipulation class action

Default Silver manipulation class action

http://www.sotosllp.com/class-action...ked-questions/

I live in canada and bought from ap*ex.com will I still be eligible for compensation?

This is what the FAQ says

"I BOUGHT OR SOLD SILVER MARKET INSTRUMENTS OUTSIDE OF CANADA. WILL THOSE PURCHASES BE INCLUDED IN THE CLASS ACTION?"

No, the action is limited to transactions that occurred while the purchaser or seller was in Canada.

Does this mean if I am in Canada and bought while I was in Canada I will receive compensation or does it mean the company I bought from needs to be from Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Adelgab View Post
    http://www.sotosllp.com/class-action...ked-questions/

I live in canada and bought from ap*ex.com will I still be eligible for compensation?

This is what the FAQ says

"I BOUGHT OR SOLD SILVER MARKET INSTRUMENTS OUTSIDE OF CANADA. WILL THOSE PURCHASES BE INCLUDED IN THE CLASS ACTION?"

No, the action is limited to transactions that occurred while the purchaser or seller was in Canada.

Does this mean if I am in Canada and bought while I was in Canada I will receive compensation or does it mean the company I bought from needs to be from Canada?
    By the below statement found under the "What types of silver purchases are covered by this action?" on the FAQ page I gather that both entities must be in Canada.

The plaintiffs seek to represent: all persons or entities in Canada who, between January 1, 1999 and August 14, 2014, transacted in a Silver Market Instrument either directly or indirectly through an intermediary, and/or purchased or otherwise participated in an investment or equity fund, mutual fund, hedge fund, pension fund or any other investment vehicle that transacted in a Silver Market Instrument.

A “Silver Market Instrument” is defined in the Notice of Action as: silver bullion or silver bullion coins, silver futures contracts traded on an exchange operated in Canada, shares in silver ETFs, silver call options traded on an exchange operated in Canada, silver put options traded on an exchange operated in Canada, over-the-counter silver spot or forward transactions or silver call options, over-the-counter silver put options, leases for silver.

The full extent of the investments that are covered by this action will be determined by the court at the time of certification.