Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallium stacking 6 kilos at 218 Usd a kilo

Default Gallium stacking 6 kilos at 218 Usd a kilo

This is a small hedge investment. 83% of worldwide Gallium comes from China. The use of the metal continues to grow every year for electronics etc.. in 2000 when there was a shortage Gallium traded at 1500-2000 a kilo and in 2011 another situation caused Gallium to break 1000 a kilo price. There are several companies that will buy Gallium with no issue.

This is a hedge investment in the event we enter a trade war with China and they chose to close off Gallium exports to the US.

https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2013/3006/pdf/fs2013-3006.pdf
    Last edited by eljefe; 01-28-2017 at 02:56 PM.

eljefe, what is your attraction to all of these additional "lium" metals. you have posted about gallium, irridium, illium, billyium, jillyium or whatever>? i think you the only one that has proposed an interest in these base metals i have seen in 6 years here. i am just curious as to what connection you have with these types of metals. are they all something that is a bi-product from a mining production you are connected with and wish to promote the financial growth therein?

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    eljefe, what is your attraction to all of these additional "lium" metals. you have posted about gallium, irridium, illium, billyium, jillyium or whatever>? i think you the only one that has proposed an interest in these base metals i have seen in 6 years here. i am just curious as to what connection you have with these types of metals. are they all something that is a bi-product from a mining production you are connected with and wish to promote the financial growth therein?

Why not, whats wrong with curiosity? One thing that has made provided me success financially has been curiosity,interest in always learning,reading and not becoming stagnant mentally.

Go and read a book every so often, keep your mind sharp and exercise as well so you can keep your body sharp.

Do you actually think a post on a forum is going to cause a price jump in a metal investment?

In terms of demand, North America is the major leading region for the demand. The demand for gallium is huge owing to increased demand for electronic consumer goods, biomedical applications, and manufacturing of other alloys. North America was followed by Asia Pacific. In Asia Pacific, there is huge demand from semi-conductor industry and other applications. The demand is likely to grow in the near future for gallium in this region. European countries are expected to have stable demand for gallium. The Rest of the World market is anticipated to grow in near future owing to increasing demand for electronics goods

http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/market-research/gallium-market.asp

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
    Why not, whats wrong with curiosity? One thing that has made provided me success financially has been curiosity,interest in always learning,reading and not becoming stagnant mentally.

Go and read a book every so often, keep your mind sharp and exercise as well so you can keep your body sharp.

Do you actually think a post on a forum is going to cause a price jump in a metal investment?
    i dont believe so however ive no idea of your beliefs since you are still a rather anonymous poster on this forum and others have not had any time to have a basic understanding of you. no more, no less. thanks for the novel idea of me reading a book or two. man, why did i not ever think of that? nothing wrong with learning, curiosity, financial success through ones own efforts and study. i applaud you for that. mind and body sharpness is a trend more should follow and also proper diet to fuel the efforts. enjoy the day. max

I own several oz of the stuff to play with. it melts in your hand and is safe to handle.

that was cool to google and read up on..... neat "trinket" I wonder if there would ever be a real need for it (investment wise I mean)....

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdude View Post
    that was cool to google and read up on..... neat "trinket" I wonder if there would ever be a real need for it (investment wise I mean)....
    there have been a few threads on gallium here over the years...

the first i heard of it was through a Kitco thread a couple years back..

i went online and bought some at that point.... i forget the site but ebay was expensive compared to the site i bought from..
    fun stuff in hand, non toxic....

we take it out every once in awhile, its in a large vial inside one of our "organize" junk areas.. my oldest grandson was very interested in it as any kid would be... non the less latex gloves only when handling it

Sorry to bring up a six-week old thread but as a metals nerd it would be kind of cool to collect the different rare-earth "lium" metals and display them in a curio cabinet or shelf or whatever. However, this seems to me to be a hobbyist pursuit only rather than an investment, at least for the physical metal. Like copper scrap, there would have to be enough buyers and sellers of it to make it worthwhile.

a more relevant report on gallium: https://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/p...2017-galli.pdf

Let's see... At current levels the world is producing 375 tons of gallium a year, with a production capacity of 700 tons a year, most of that from China alone. There doesn't seem to be any pressure for any time in the near future for the price to shoot up, not to mention that as an unusual metal, the markup is horrendous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast