Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Volkswagen Windshield Won't Frost Because There's Silver in It

I believe the Lincoln LS back in 2000 had a gold layer in the windows to reflect solar heat.

Next the car will be able to warm up from your online paid protected account. Google, warm up my car. The car would detect the temperature, ice, cabin temp, etc and prevent theft as well. Surprised if some car doesn't already do it.

hey bob, we can start and warm up my wife's car from the house or where were out or office... locate it too...from here phone she does it...my daughter set her up with it after my wife does many favors for her... that is the latest.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmhey View Post
    Next the car will be able to warm up from your online paid protected account. Google, warm up my car. The car would detect the temperature, ice, cabin temp, etc and prevent theft as well. Surprised if some car doesn't already do it.
    Boss has that car.... jaguar F-PACE suv..... not much you cannot set it to do with your smart phone.....

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    hey bob, we can start and warm up my wife's car from the house or where were out or office... locate it too...from here phone she does it...my daughter set her up with it after my wife does many favors for her... that is the latest.lol
    I actually enjoy my old car and completely out of touch. I have an 04 Chevy Malibu. Probably the most reliable car I've had. Great gas milage, nice handling. I even like that I got it with body damage because I don't sweat the small stuff. MH girlfriend has a Ford Galaxy,a real classic, and I turn into a nut when people get to close,....Lol. Never used a backup camera or stuff park. Heated seats sound nice. I like my girlfriends Jeep too. In the winter, Snow and most ice seems like nothing. But that's a decade old too.

The only Chevy I didn't like was the van called a venture. That was a money pit! Probably put 12 grand on it and got less than 2 years. Paid 6 and 6 in repairs, then the head went with only 140k. Leaked, failed, 1700 in emissions. I almost never got another Chevy.

This car 4600 total in 4 years! Recently the transmission failed. But I have a smart old mechanic so I sent it right in and he really cleaned it out and it worked. Clogged filter at 146k . Runs great. Most people give up or they automatically declare it dead. I got 47k . Got it for free because it needed breaks,rotors,hubs, and sounded horrible. My father put a ton of money in it. The front end crashed ,sloppy, homemade repair. Put a few bucks in it and still going!!!
    Almost got ready to sell my collection for a jeep! With prices riding, glad I can keep attacking to add to the Jeep fund. That's what my stash is now....lol
    Last edited by Bobmhey; 02-04-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12