Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: PSR

Damn! need another year of it at high 800's spot price. Hope your right Turbo, have been spoiled rotten getting coins at 850's premium included since late 2018. Here's a good article all
    https://www.fxstreet.com/news/platin...k-202011250957

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    If we had fairly consistent $45-100+ moves upward I'd be excited about platinum but it still hasn't happened. I think we'll be back to $850 to $920 range by Christmas.
    I doubt it as if we close over 1028 on the weekly chart, its likely going to 1250 level pretty shortly.
    Anyhow, make your predictions...Ive predicted a close of 1060 by end of year but it looks likely to be higher. We could could be in for a moonshot pretty soon.

I'm not playing the PSR ratio, however I am in and out of PPLT with some of my funds, and have been for years not. Sold PPLT at 160.5 and put a fraction into GLD. I'm using gold to park funds, my "money" -- PPLT is for trading. The real stuff I will hold long term not matter what happens, and I also have a pool account I'm saving to trade if and when platinum per ounce is same as gold.

Between PPLT and silver is to hard, given how each have strong industrial influences, while gold is quite different. Maybe I should start a PGR thread?
    Last edited by motocat; 12-03-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I'm not playing the PSR ratio, however I am in and out of PPLT with some of my funds, and have been for years not. Sold PPLT at 160.5 and put a fraction into GLD. I'm using gold to park funds, my "money" -- PPLT is for trading. The real stuff I will hold long term not matter what happens, and I also have a pool account I'm saving to trade if and when platinum per ounce is same as gold.

Between PPLT and silver is to hard, given how each have strong industrial influences, while gold is quite different. Maybe I should start a PGR thread?
    I dont see silver to platinum as a difficult choice. We are still near all time lows o the PSR, so platinum is by far the better buy and folks should still be switching as its going to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    I dont see silver to platinum as a difficult choice. We are still near all time lows o the PSR, so platinum is by far the better buy and folks should still be switching as its going to 60.
    I agree with platinum being the better long term choice than silver -- I just think they are both to influenced by unpredictable industrial demand to make it easy to trade between them. I prefer trading Pt with gold -- it's easy to see the long term trend with gold in fiat terms, silver is a bit to wild to serve that same purpose.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

I doubt it as if we close over 1028 on the weekly chart, its likely going to 1250 level pretty shortly.
    Anyhow, make your predictions...Ive predicted a close of 1060 by end of year but it looks likely to be higher. We could could be in for a moonshot pretty soon.
    I hope your right honestly because with the amount I have it would be a huge pay out. I'm not holding my breath though I still think we are 2 -5 years out before we hit the previous all time pt highs. In any case I like being ready and have talked to all my dealers about selling if prices hit 2,300+.........looks like its going to be multiple trips again like silver because no one wants to buy more than 25 ounces at a time at those prices. Anyways definitely interesting times with pt right now.

Got 2 1/4 platinum eagles for 294 a piece today. I'm selling at 1500-1600 range, if it gets there in the next few years....very thankful to have many coin shops in my state. When it gets to high 1900's and above most dealers told me that they would offer 100-125$ back of spot regardless of the type of coin it is.

It just touched 1040 which is the strong resistance point. Guess it will be 1080 by tomorrow or rocket back down to 990!

Side note wanted to share a story, a local cafe in my area has really been struggling last 3 months. They have 20 employees and are owned by 2 ladies who bought it in 1986. They serve very good homemade food it's all made from scratch nothing frozen. High volume easily 200 covers in a morning shift, but because of 25% capacity restrictions they can't make money. Very strong contributions to the community over the years. A gofundme was set up and has raised 50k in only 2 1/2 days. A great story a nice win for the small business owner. Have a good one all.
    Last edited by jrtjrt; 12-03-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Great price jrt. And yes that is a good story, happy it turned out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Great price jrt. And yes that is a good story, happy it turned out for them.
    with 50 dollar premiums for new platinum bars, and 100 premium for new plat coins, a no brainer for bars vs coins presently.
    I think the higher we go, the lower the premium becomes. Still cant believe I was paying between 75-90 dollars for new coin premiums when I was getting gold coins at 20 dollars above spot not so long ago.
    Happy to be out of PPLT and into physical...less tax worries and I have total control of it. PPLT charges 60 basis points per year while Im only paying 30 basis points for insurance and Brinks custody. And I will swap it at 1/1 with gold when the time comes ( I hope it will )
    Last edited by Nikko; 12-04-2020 at 12:48 PM.

with 50 dollar premiums for new platinum bars, and 100 premium for new plat coins, a no brainer for bars vs coins presently.
    I think the higher we go, the lower the premium becomes. Still cant believe I was paying between 75-90 dollars for new coin premiums when I was getting gold coins at 20 dollars above spot not so long ago.
    Happy to be out of PPLT and into physical...less tax worries and I have total control of it. PPLT charges 60 basis points per year while Im only paying 30 basis points for insurance and Brinks custody. And I will swap it at 1/1 with gold when the time comes ( I hope it will )
    I'm seeing $40 on valcambi bars and $80 on Queens Beast coins but it may be that your pricing in CAD and I'm looking at USD.