Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 215

Thread: PSR

  1. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    Im 23% platinum now in my precious metals holdings...up from zero 6 months ago. Down to 11% in silver.
    I simply never looked at platinum till it was 50% discounted to gold.
    I checked a month ago, and my platinum was 22% my PM holdings (and silver 16%). PT percent is probably even higher now, however it was even greater in 2019, before I converted most of my bonds to gold. I started looking more seriously at PT when it went below gold value.

    Hard to tell the future --however I view gold more like a true money (not so much a commodity), while platinum is largely (but not purely) a commodity, and silver is like 50-50. Like to have some of each -- but given cash flow is good, I don't so much trade between them, but rather buy more or less of the particular PM based what the ratios may be when I feel a need to blow some powder. However, recently I have been trading back and forth between gold and platinum -- as gold has become more like cash to me. Silver is one I buy and sell only at the extremes - no action in between, so yes, in March I got back into silver again (just in time!) -- and above $35, may come time to sell.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  2. #172

    Default

    https://agmetalminer.com/2020/11/25/...atinum-report/

    Good article's that aren't pumping platinum. If there are not more lockdowns hopefully the price goes back to the low 800's. Wont be buying any more for many months and not buying if it goes over 1k either. Last few times it went to 1k it shot back down to 840-50's weeks later. Has been frustrating as it's basically gone from 770's to 1k over the last few years. Im at peace with it though willing to wait 5-7 years before $elling.

    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...phy-1029842236

    "According to the report, the Global Platinum market accounted for $5.97 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $10.12 billion by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 6.8%"
    Last edited by jrtjrt; 11-27-2020 at 04:48 AM.

  3. #173

    Default

    PSR 42.4:1 and climbing.
    Looking good, for the moment.
    PGR only up a smidge...

  4. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrtjrt View Post
    https://agmetalminer.com/2020/11/25/...atinum-report/

    Good article's that aren't pumping platinum. If there are not more lockdowns hopefully the price goes back to the low 800's. Wont be buying any more for many months and not buying if it goes over 1k either. Last few times it went to 1k it shot back down to 840-50's weeks later. Has been frustrating as it's basically gone from 770's to 1k over the last few years. Im at peace with it though willing to wait 5-7 years before $elling.

    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...phy-1029842236

    "According to the report, the Global Platinum market accounted for $5.97 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $10.12 billion by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 6.8%"
    I've been sitting on platinum that's kept in the $800-$1000 range for years now. I am no longer looking to increase my exposure. However given how the fiat dollar is falling in value, I'm not at peace with it just sitting in range -- because that means it's loosing value. The only way I can keep happy with holding platinum, is by range trading with a portion. If it eventually rises above that, it's OK to loose what I've been trading, again, I have enough and there will always be others ways to invest and save.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  5. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I've been sitting on platinum that's kept in the $800-$1000 range for years now. I am no longer looking to increase my exposure. However given how the fiat dollar is falling in value, I'm not at peace with it just sitting in range -- because that means it's loosing value. The only way I can keep happy with holding platinum, is by range trading with a portion. If it eventually rises above that, it's OK to loose what I've been trading, again, I have enough and there will always be others ways to invest and save.
    Feel really lucky to have swapped 1550 silver coins and 7 100 oz silver bars at an avg PSR of 34...the highest I sold silver was 40 CAD on KIJIJI while the lowest I sold was the last monster box at 27 US. The lowest I bought plat was 900 and the highest I payed was 1035 for 950 avg price. Cant believe my dealer last dealt me 14 plat Queens Beast for 1 monster box only a few weeks ago...what a dealer! Id suggest if we get below 40 again to trade.

  6. #176

    Default

    PSR now up to 44:1
    PGR now down to 1.8:1

    Isnt this exciting?

  7. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    Feel really lucky to have swapped 1550 silver coins and 7 100 oz silver bars at an avg PSR of 34...the highest I sold silver was 40 CAD on KIJIJI while the lowest I sold was the last monster box at 27 US. The lowest I bought plat was 900 and the highest I payed was 1035 for 950 avg price. Cant believe my dealer last dealt me 14 plat Queens Beast for 1 monster box only a few weeks ago...what a dealer! Id suggest if we get below 40 again to trade.
    I think more than luck went into that trade. You did great.

    I didn't proceed at the time and now am hesitant to let go of the MBs with silver prices where they are. I picked them up years ago so not likely to ever go underwater on them - although with silver anything is possible as I've learned over the years. In one of the silver threads back when POS was up near $30 forum member Atlas Shrugged posted "Silver always disappoints". So true is seems.

    I may call BG and work out something on some rolls though. Just hesitant to let go of sealed MBs.

    I'm still looking at options for insured segregated secure storage. BG/Brinks is one I'm considering.

    Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

  8. #178

    Default

    and just like that, platinum snuck back up to $1,000.00 USD per ounce.
    This is a long overdue shift in PM economics...
    I believe Pt is going to return to her rightful place on the top of the PM heap!
    (so long as you ignore Rhodium)

  9. #179

    Default

    If we had fairly consistent $45-100+ moves upward I'd be excited about platinum but it still hasn't happened. I think we'll be back to $850 to $920 range by Christmas.

  10. #180

    Default

    You're probably right. I may sell another slice of my minuscule (and getting minusculer) PPLT position. If I do I'll post it, because Pt will likely continue up for a while after that



    Edit to add: sold 2 shares at $94.77
    Last edited by ynot2k; 12-02-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •