Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PSR

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    I'm in a good spot with pt with none of the storage/logistical issues.
    See my thread about Pt being the ultimate store of wealth. I added comparatively small amounts of silver since March and doubled down on Pt. It's a highly specific metal IMHO and should be tailored to suit your needs as you stated.

Platinum is right up there with being undervalued and an argument can be made with current price movements that pt is currently the most undervalued. I just executed my swap getting cash locally and buying 1oz valcambi bars from the big A with a ratio that works out to roughly 38:1 all in.

As much as I like silver with the amounts I buy its just not practical to hold. I'm sitting on just under 300 oz pt and it hardly takes up any space and I could easily round it all up to move it around or to sell with little effort. Silver is a monumental task to gather up and sell, I still have nightmares from 2 years ago when I sold.

Am I missing out on silvers potential? Yes your more than likely right on that but pt just works out better for me because of how dense it is and if I were to calculate my actual cost with all the PSR trading I'd venture to say its cost me $700 per ounce or less......I'm going to calculate the numbers later. With that in consideration even though I might miss out on silver I'm in a good spot with pt with none of the storage/logistical issues.
    I just swapped a monster box of Silver Maples, for 14.5 platinum Maples for GSR 34.48
    Payed 1035 /2 for the remaining half to get 15 coins.
    My dealer is great...Most dealers dont negotaite. He payed me 30 for each coin and sold to me at 1035.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    I just swapped a monster box of Silver Maples, for 14.5 platinum Maples for GSR 34.48
    Payed 1035 /2 for the remaining half to get 15 coins.
    My dealer is great...Most dealers dont negotaite. He payed me 30 for each coin and sold to me at 1035.
    Hell of a deal! As the price of silver goes higher its going to be harder to move. Now while the demand for silver is high is a great time to make moves!

Hell of a deal! As the price of silver goes higher its going to be harder to move. Now while the demand for silver is high is a great time to make moves!
    your post just made me do another monster box at the same swap...lol
    I agree...looking at the PSR, this is a no bariner and so much easier to stack

Well I'm waiting for one last favorable move up on silver prices then I'll be completely out of silver, my target exit is by the middle of September if not earlier. I decided the GSR will not be as low as the PSR so I won't be waiting for a gold swap.

Well I'm waiting for one last favorable move up on silver prices then I'll be completely out of silver, my target exit is by the middle of September if not earlier. I decided the GSR will not be as low as the PSR so I won't be waiting for a gold swap.
    In the end who knows how low the PSR goes to...I have a lot more silver to swap.
    In the end Id like to swap all my platinum out for gold hopefully near 1/1...thats the longterm goal anyhow and maybe wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    In the end who knows how low the PSR goes to...I have a lot more silver to swap.
    In the end Id like to swap all my platinum out for gold hopefully near 1/1...thats the longterm goal anyhow and maybe wishful thinking
    The PSR is already at all time lows, it could possibly hit 25:1 but I'm not taking that chance since its low enough. My plan with pt is to swap back to silver one last time then make the swap back to gold or pt again depending on which is more favorable.

Just came to an agreement with my local dealer to buy the rest of my silver and 17 3/4 ounces of gold eagles I have for this coming Wednesday. He has 33 ounces of various types of platinum and I'm getting them all and the rest I'm settling for cash and going to buy online. Its been a fun ride with silver but glad to see it go.

There is too much hype in the other metals and everyone is almost silent on pt so it was a big motivating factor to dump the rest. Before people wise up to pt I want to secure a healthy position in physical pt. Interesting to see what unfolds in the years to come.

After the last financial crash in 2008 Eagles were not minted for 5 years. The US mint is not making anymore for the rest of 2020 either. Smart move to get as much as you can Turbo, I just wish I had the capital to get a bunch more. One of the best and cheapest bullion websites has them back in stock, but even they want 200$ over spot for them. In particular the Yale Queens Beast coin will be a very in demand coin in the coming years. It's a fantastic design. Another one under people's radar is the Perth mint dragon coin, it becomes available from time to time. Starting in a few months the next big five bullion coin will be released as well for 2021.

Hi TurboLag, Nikko, and others -

In your opinion...

Is a 1oz Valcambi Suisse plat bar sealed in a certicard w/serial number worth $45.50 more than a 1 oz generic (of dealer's choice)?

As well as would 10 of the Valcombi be worth $495.00 more than a 10oz generic bar (also of dealer choice)?

I'm enjoying and getting much out of the plat threads, thanks in advance to all.