Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Platinum is Cheap !!! Who's Buying

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    Got lucky last week!
    Got a 1/2 ounce platinum Koala @ Pt spot
    1988 version....perfect! Such a heavy coin for its size... LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Oct 2011 traded silver for platinum
    Sep 2012 traded silver for platinum (again)
    Sep 2014 traded platinum for silver.

Held onto half the platinum holdings to see if ratio would climb higher...it didnt...
    PSR ratio has remained range bound ever since (between 55-60 PSR)

If PSR goes below 50, i will trade more silver for platinum...if PSR goes above 75...i will trade my platinum for silver!

NOW...one missing part of this equation is, i am also closely watching gold and palladium for opportunities to trade into those PM's.

Play around with the charts on this site...you'll learn more about trading ratio's:

https://pmtrend.com/ratio-history
    thanks Freedom for that chart. Interesting. I understand now better the american spirit of switching from the one metal to the other PROVIDED premiums are very low. Here in Europe it is not that easy. Silver in many countries carries heavy taxes. Prices must rise quite a lot before you would be selling some physical ( even buying). IMO buying and selling silver bullion has not much sense in europe due to those taxes ( they are moreover different from country to country). That's why i say silver is American, Gold a european matter.

Golditiki2+++
    Last edited by golditiki2; 03-10-2018 at 02:04 PM.

1988 version....perfect! Such a heavy coin for its size... LOVE it!
    yes, that is a fact. plat coins are very dense and heavy. feels like you really have something when holding an ounce of plat.

[QUOTE=golditiki2;2636540 in europe due to those taxes Golditiki2+++[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a tax man when I load my car boot with silver I just bought from a guy at McD's

I've never seen a tax man when I load my car boot with silver I just bought from a guy at McD's
    gesnapt, but if you officially want to buy something a house or whatsoever, you will have to give proof you have earned enough, if your common entries are not big enough, that's where it all will start.
    Nowadays all banks are so scared to be accused of money laundering, i cannot even send money anymore from my private account to somebody else before i have inscribed the receiver officially as a potential receiver before i start sending money. This is quite recent.

They want to KNOW and verify everything. It is paranoïa, so one better pays attention .

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    gesnapt, but if you officially want to buy something a house or whatsoever, you will have to give proof you have earned enough, if your common entries are not big enough, that's where it all will start.
    Nowadays all banks are so scared to be accused of money laundering, i cannot even send money anymore from my private account to somebody else before i have inscribed the receiver officially as a potential receiver before i start sending money. This is quite recent.

They want to KNOW and verify everything. It is paranoïa, so one better pays attention .

Golditiki2+++
    I already have a house, my stack is for in 20 years on or even never to be sold when silver never goes "tothamoon".
    If it ever goes up again I might sell of little by little so it would not ever be like numbers that will stand out like a sore thumb in my banking profile

I already have a house, my stack is for in 20 years on or even never to be sold when silver never goes "tothamoon".
    If it ever goes up again I might sell of little by little so it would not ever be like numbers that will stand out like a sore thumb in my banking profile
    That's how it has to be done, but i have remarked that some counterparts nowadays also want a paper to cover their backs.

Golditiki2+++

Platinum is now a record $400/oz less then gold. For those who think gold is to high now -- platinum should be considered a better buy.

For those on the fence on getting platinum -- if not now, when?
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Platinum is now a record $400/oz less then gold. For those who think gold is to high now -- platinum should be considered a better buy.

For those on the fence on getting platinum -- if not now, when?
    $400? Nice, but... shouldn't you be measuring the ratio as a percentage?
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    $400? Nice, but... shouldn't you be measuring the ratio as a percentage?

I like to compare PM's by the ounce relative to fiat -- as those are the units I find most practical to use and follow - -easy enough for anyone to divide if percentage comparison is what one wants. I'm thinking that platinum will eventually find parity once again with gold -- that means for every plat ounce I now get, I'm getting a $400 discount. I don't know at what spot price platinum will equal to gold -- so hard to calculate percentages, however I do know when it does equal to gold -- that $400 discount I can get today can be realized. That's how PM dealers also advertise -- amount over spot per oz -- not by percentages.

(Hope you are not asking this because you are into paper digits rather then real stack-able units of bullion coin).
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken