Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Platinum is Cheap !!! Who's Buying

Doesn't seem anyone here is still buying -- but I'm glad that platinum still has a need with those in a more serious position relative to the economy. Got a large amount sub $900 just a few weeks ago -- up over 10% already -- I'll be holding long term. For those looking for cheap gold -- sub $1000 platinum is still here (well --at least paper price -- that level is already gone for the real physical in hand). Platinum will (and has) been seen as a very good alternative to gold -- seems the most obvious PM to save in now (accept, of course, not a liquid as gold which should always remain the basic core of savings).
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Doesn't seem anyone here is still buying -- but I'm glad that platinum still has a need with those in a more serious position relative to the economy. Got a large amount sub $900 just a few weeks ago -- up over 10% already -- I'll be holding long term. For those looking for cheap gold -- sub $1000 platinum is still here (well --at least paper price -- that level is already gone for the real physical in hand). Platinum will (and has) been seen as a very good alternative to gold -- seems the most obvious PM to save in now (accept, of course, not a liquid as gold which should always remain the basic core of savings).
    I suspect that my volume is not really "newsworthy" . . even for here. but if you're counting, I did pick up a PT maple at the recent 900 dip. . . bringing my total to a whopping 3 oz.

900 seems the low end of the range . . appx 900 - appx 1000 has been the past year.

is 900 - 1000 enough of a swing to make big bucks? probably not with physical . . but what about an ETF ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I suspect that my volume is not really "newsworthy" . . even for here. but if you're counting, I did pick up a PT maple at the recent 900 dip. . . bringing my total to a whopping 3 oz.

900 seems the low end of the range . . appx 900 - appx 1000 has been the past year.

is 900 - 1000 enough of a swing to make big bucks? probably not with physical . . but what about an ETF ?
    I'm not buying up PM bullion to make wealth on trades - it's just that I think current prices are low, given the amount of fiat being created on coming the way of most people I know, and I'm one to see them as the best savings vehicle you can find (note -- I don't say investment). Most are inclined to spend it on things like 2 million dollar shacks that leak-- myself, I can't say no to what I consider are very good PM prices, with platinum being the best. I don't think it will go back and forth like this forever -- as our financial masters need inflation, and can't keep prices for PM down forever, not to mention emerging technologies related to electricity/energy that favor PM's and copper.

I haven't found PT maples at reasonable premiums -- my standard is the noble, with eagle the 2nd most common (and I like both the nobles and eagles -- for maples -- I think in gold looks best). I bought more as PT fell -and can say I even got some with spot under $880. Do wonder if my PT buying days are over -- PT is now only $340/oz under AU -- at one point recently it went to $375 under. (I'm a pure plat buyer when it's $350+ under gold).
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

Platinum now over $1,000/oz -- some $330/oz under gold. However, just a few weeks ago, platinum was about $375/oz under gold (the record since I've been watching), and I bought at under $900/oz. So is the bottom in for platinum (relative to the fiat dollar AND gold) -- and now begins a steady climb? Or is this just another short "cycle"?

H.L. Mencken

i bought my platinum at 48 oz of silver per ounce of PT...currently worth about 58 oz of silver each...when we get up over 70 oz each, it will be time to sell some of that PT and buy silver with the proceeds...pretty cool system...trade 480 oz of silver for Plat...wait a few years...(and if the plan works)...trade for 700+ oz of silver...get over 200 ounces of silver for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    i bought my platinum at 48 oz of silver per ounce of PT...currently worth about 58 oz of silver each...when we get up over 70 oz each, it will be time to sell some of that PT and buy silver with the proceeds...pretty cool system...trade 480 oz of silver for Plat...wait a few years...(and if the plan works)...trade for 700+ oz of silver...get over 200 ounces of silver for free!
    When was PSR at 48 ? Was that recently ?

Oct 2011 traded silver for platinum
    Sep 2012 traded silver for platinum (again)
    Sep 2014 traded platinum for silver.

Held onto half the platinum holdings to see if ratio would climb higher...it didnt...
    PSR ratio has remained range bound ever since (between 55-60 PSR)

If PSR goes below 50, i will trade more silver for platinum...if PSR goes above 75...i will trade my platinum for silver!

NOW...one missing part of this equation is, i am also closely watching gold and palladium for opportunities to trade into those PM's.

Play around with the charts on this site...you'll learn more about trading ratio's:

https://pmtrend.com/ratio-history
    Last edited by Freedom; 01-19-2018 at 06:52 AM.

platinum and palladium are finally returning to sanity..
    PT $975
    PD $976

Got lucky last week!
    Got a 1/2 ounce platinum Koala @ Pt spot

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    Got lucky last week!
    Got a 1/2 ounce platinum Koala @ Pt spot
    Good buy at near spot. With platinum approaching $950/oz, and now about $375/oz less then gold -- platinum is where it's at. I see it as at least on par with gold in long term value -- getting it at the current fiat rates with the digits being created and flowing non-stop, just don't see why there is not more attention on platinum vs gold. But of course -- popularity comes only when an asset is over-valued...........

For all those waiting for sub $1000 gold -- while that is unlikely to happen in my opinion -- you can still get your blonde in platinum edition at the three digit fiat rate you were dreaming about....

H.L. Mencken