Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425

Thread: Platinum is Cheap !!! Who's Buying

Quote Originally Posted by suemarkp View Post
    I just bought four half ounce Pt Eagles from the big A because they were cheaper than any other time I had purchased them. A few days later, they had a special and dropped the price by $20-$25 per coin (I hate it when they do that -- rub my face in pulling the trigger too soon). Thinking about buying 4 more as the special is still on.
    Premiums for 1/2 oz plat are usually pretty high -- so those 1/2 eagles are a relatively good price. Still, you can find many 1 oz plat bullion for lower premiums -- what you need to consider, is can you sell these 1/2 oz plat back for more then 1 oz bullion (per oz) such that they are indeed a good deal?

Coincidentally -- the 1/2 oz plat eagle is what I myself have reported buying not long ago here in groups of 4+ -at prices just under 1000 per oz. (so under 500 per coin). Mine were graded & slabbed -- but not sure if that will help me sell them for more. I will soon try to sell them, and then get (or trade for) regular non-graded platinum -- just don't like plastic covering, nor the extra room they take up. If you like your eagles to be graded & slabbed -- let me know!
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

Same with me - I avoid the slabs because of the bulk. I only buy slabbed when it is cheaper than non-slabbed bullion, or may buy proof slabs/sets if they are the same price as BU bullion.

I pulled the trigger on 4 more half ounce coins, so I got them for just under spot per ounce. I'm typically content to get Pt at its usual markup or less (it used to be $100 on the 1 oz coins, but seems more like $50 to $70 now). Note that the buy back price is typically above spot for eagles at most of the online dealers, at least for non-graded. Not sure if they will give you more for graded or not. I won't sell it until the platinum gold ratio reverts back the other way (flip for gold) or Pt has gone up so much I'm making a profit. May take a while, but at least it isn't like Rhodium...

Default The $800's cake is here . . who's buying

I'm gonna nibble here at 890.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I'm gonna nibble here at 890.
    My next shot, and biggest yet will be if <$880 and $400 oz < then au.

Did just get some gold - -need to keep my holdings balanced. Thinking of selling some Rhodium now for platinum -- a one for two deal, and got the Rhodium when less then plat!
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

Can someone please help me identify this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z1x9U1cCwA

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    My next shot, and biggest yet will be if <$880and $400 oz < then au.
    AU 1274
    PT 867
    I imagine your truck is backing up?
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    AU 1274
    PT 867
    I imagine your truck is backing up?

Targeted at sub 860. Then after the shot, charts acted almost as if a bear in retreat. No "truck" backing up -- just having fun with easy to get dry powder supply.

H.L. Mencken