Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative Interest Rates....

Hello guys,

Iam new here,

I think before they can charge you negative interest, they have to ban all physical fiat money. In Europe they have started to remove the 500 euro. Which is 1/3 of all euro currency that is in circulation. Its just a matter of time before the they remove 200 etc.

They can create a law that tells you, that your fiat money is useless, unless you put it in the bank. I think iff they dont do this, they can never charge negative interest rates, because everyone would pull his money from the bank.

P.s

Sorry for my English, i speak it better then i can wright it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverenMunten View Post
    Hello guys,

Iam new here,

I think before they can charge you negative interest, they have to ban all physical fiat money. In Europe they have started to remove the 500 euro. Which is 1/3 of all euro currency that is in circulation. Its just a matter of time before the they remove 200 etc.

They can create a law that tells you, that your fiat money is useless, unless you put it in the bank. I think iff they dont do this, they can never charge negative interest rates, because everyone would pull his money from the bank.

P.s

Sorry for my English, i speak it better then i can wright it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

that is exactly what they are gonna do, make it all such you cannot do but spend what you have the way they want it. and they will have to do it fast because they run out of time.

I read yesterat on le Figaro that checks in france won't be valid but 6 months because they want people to change to use of elecronic money transmission. It is clear there is a wa against savings and cash going on, when in sime countries they allow only anymore 1500 cash sales, and bring that amount lower and lower, telling people it is to avoid money laundering for terrorists, that is BULLSh**, they just want kill all cash to force you into SPENDING or investing in what THEY want you to invest in.

You are right that they will retire first the 500 then the 200 then the 100 and then the 50 euro in order to force people into the use of credit car.

Here i ordered a ferryfare and could not pay anymore cash at the harbour as usual, had to pay electronically, only changed recently they said....

In the end we will have to go to Russia if we want to escape the claws of the desperate Masters of the West, because we cannot trust anymore Switserland neither.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettwindhouse View Post
    In other news, George Soros is worried about something..and gold and silver are on a tear.

Guess I won't sell after all. Huh.
    BTC is having a nice run up, too.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Go, Germany! Negative bond yields for the first time EVAH!

Swiss Banks Paid Out €1 Billion In Negative Interest Rates In The First Half

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/swiss-banks-paid-out-%E2%82%AC1-billion-negative-interest-rates-first-half

As Reuters writes, Swiss banks paid 970 million Swiss francs ($1 billion) in negative interest rate charges in the first half of 2017, a 40% surge from the previous year, as clients continued to hoard even more cash despite every possible action undertaken by the central bank to force savers to spend, or better yet, invest the funds.

The Swiss National Bank has been charging a 0.75% fee on large deposits at the central bank since January 2015, a core policy aimed at weakening the Swiss franc and boost the velocity of money. The negative rate has been a burden for banks, especially at a time when wealthy clients are still keeping more than a fifth of their holdings in…..
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Maybe not happening so soon here but maybe after the next boom/bust cycle.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/feds...next-year.html

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettwindhouse View Post
    NEGATIVE INTEREST RATES??????

We're doomed.

Discuss.
    Whenever interest < inflation rate, real interest rate is negative.
    Sad story is - US Government won't quote actual inflation numbers.
    CPI excludes FOOD and ENERGY.
    Consumers (the C in CPI) can't exclude either one.
    (...what's on top of your budget that you can't cut ...)
    - UPDATED-
    2.4 BILLION people still cook with manure as their fuel.
    3.0 BILLION more people will be born in the next 30 years.

IEA, Number of people without access to clean cooking by scenario, 2021-2030, IEA, Paris

More energy. Not less.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanTheLibertarian View Post
    Only inflation I see is in the stock market, housing (in isolated regions) & traveling expenses.
    The "acceleration" in health care costs appears to have subsided.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanTheLibertarian View Post
    Not really. Core CPI excludes good and energy, but CPI-U includes food and energy. So it's a bit misleading to point to one measure of CPI and claim it is disingenuous for excluding certain items while ignoring the fact there are numerous other CPI measures, some of which do include these items.

The BLS posts a variety of inflation data and food and energy costs are always discussed. They even publish specific food and gasoline indexes that are discussed specifically in the monthly releases, so they are hardly dodging food and energy prices. Core CPI is viewed as a more helpful indicator from a policy perspective because food prices and energy prices often move significantly for temporary reasons that are not indicative of monetary policy and/or long-term, permanent macro trends. While the Fed uses PCE rather than CPI, you don't want to trigger a rate hike because CPI-U has temporarily spiked because of a drought in one part of the country that has ruined crops and caused food prices to temporarily rise, or because a hurricane shutdown oil production and caused energy prices to temporarily spike. If you did you rely on CPI-U all the time, such an event would trigger the Fed to tighten monetary policy to stem inflation, but at the expense of lowering output. That isn't necessarily what the Fed would want to accomplish in that situation.

For reference:
    CPI-U that includes separate breaks outs of food and energy: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.t01.htm

The Latest CPI Summary posted by the BLS: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm

Note it specifically discusses food and energy:
    The gasoline index increased 13.1 percent in September and accounted for about three-fourths of the seasonally adjusted all items increase. Other major energy component indexes were mixed, and the food index rose slightly.

The index for all items less food and energy increased 0.1 percent in September.
    Last edited by Ryanferr; 10-24-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    The answers are in the data

Similarly U-6 Unemployment is the other number the US doesn't really want people to track.
    It runs about twice U-3.
    Most folks would say unemployment is 4%, not 8%. Because that's what they have been told.
    Like CPI, its an easier pill to swallow. Stroked data.

When you talk 95 million not in the workforce, things start getting real.

In the old days, we would add Inflation (CPI) and Unemployment to get Misery Index.
    It made for great economic discussions. Paul Volcker era.
    IMO. Reagan is remembered more for the reduction in Misery Index than the Brandenburg Gate Speech.
    1980s stock market was legendary.
    Last edited by ConanTheLibertarian; 10-25-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    - UPDATED-
    2.4 BILLION people still cook with manure as their fuel.
    3.0 BILLION more people will be born in the next 30 years.

IEA, Number of people without access to clean cooking by scenario, 2021-2030, IEA, Paris

More energy. Not less.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast