Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Trade Gold for Palladium...get ready, set, go!

Still doing the Palladium to Gold trade, today palladium to gold at .83 ratio, and been trading back to palladium when ratio is near 1:1. Trading between PM based digits is far superior to fiat trading when you realize all fiat is on a sinking ship vs PMs that are have a metal foundation. Also doing the platinum to gold and silver to gold ratio trading. I always use gold as a base currency in these trades, has replaced the dollar. Anyone who has seen the long term charts of the ability of gold to hold value vs the dollar would understand why.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

More palladium to gold at .77 ratio. Nice swings here -- best PM ratio trading between these two -- that's for paper trades of course (SGOL to PALL) -- holding physical palladium not a good idea with buy sell spreads like it is a collectible, not bullion. Then again, if you use refiners as one member here does, maybe it's possible...
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

When palladium to gold is 95:100 or greater, and within $100/oz spot price, time for me to get more palladium. It has come very close to these levels, hope I am not being to strict and miss out on a new palladium rocket.

At 1:1 now; gold to palladium is right on target. Palladium is wild, don't know why, just know it has given a nice ride, good for trading, compliments gold well.

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    At 1:1 now; gold to palladium is right on target. Palladium is wild, don't know why, just know it has given a nice ride, good for trading, compliments gold well.
    So if you sold Palladium and bought gold some weeks back now is the time to do the reverse. Makes sense... and "money".

More palladium to gold with ratio at 1.04.

Anybody here doing the same?

Even more at 1.09. I'll keep trading more gold to palladium down to the 1.16 ratio. Seems like predictions for future palladium prices have a very wide range, there is no general consensus, to many unpredictable factors -- which to me means more ups and downs, good for trading.

The spread on palladium in Kitco pool is at $220 now. I thought it was $200 not too long ago.

Kitco pool sell gold, buy palladium prices as of time of this post....

Sell gold $1891.20/oz

Buy palladium $1888.00/oz

now that is interesting.

I should probably pull the trigger but as of this moment I have not.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Kitco pool sell gold, buy palladium prices as of time of this post....

Sell gold $1891.20/oz

Buy palladium $1888.00/oz

now that is interesting.

I should probably pull the trigger but as of this moment I have not.
    why not trade for Pt? Pt cost less and produced less than Pd