Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any cheap platinum out there?

Default Is there any cheap platinum out there?

I would not mind picking some platinum bullion but at those premiums, I rather pick up gold.

Is there a source of plain platinum bullion at a reasonable markup?

Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    I would not mind picking some platinum bullion but at those premiums, I rather pick up gold.

Is there a source of plain platinum bullion at a reasonable markup?
    Recently bought up some bars for $50 over premium. Not hard to find this online -- but my own was from a local dealer. Isn't that reasonable? Are premiums maybe only $20 more then gold per oz really going to decide your purchase? In the past, could commonly find some on specials for only $30 over spot. An old rule by some was anytime you could get plat for less then gold -- lean toward plat. Remember, plat is also far less likely to have counterfeit issues -- and take up even less room then gold, not to mention it's some 20 times more rare.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

$50 is fine but the premiums I have seen are worse than that.

Although plat could follow commodities lower, I do feel that these are bargain prices which also reflect the steep premiums from dealers, not to mention is tough to come by physically now.

Provident is out, some guys on ebay have decent deals but those will sell quickly enough. I was able to make my first 'sizeable' pt purchase yesterday since the last time we seen these prices back in 08 for $60 over spot on a tube of 2015 pt maples.. It was $5 more than bars but yeah, watch it drop more just because I bought.

Ya'll can thank me later,, if you can get some

Total in cad came out to 1200 each, which is a great bargain of you ask me especially that it's 300 less than gold maples right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    $50 is fine but the premiums I have seen are worse than that.
    65$ premium here from a large dealer

around 1140 euro for a 1 ounce APE (funny, yes) in The Netherlands.

Last time I looked, 3 months ago, I could swear prices where at 1400 euro per coin...dropped a lot again.

That's insane premium Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Carssman1 View Post
    That's insane premium Dutch
    Yes, crazy taxation systems I guess....At least it is now almost on par with gold

JM has Valcambi 1 oz bars for $44.99 per bar over spot , free shipping . . . only $896 . . that's tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    JM has Valcambi 1 oz bars for $44.99 per bar over spot , free shipping . . . only $896 . . that's tempting.
    Can one order from the EU? If I could get platinum ounces below 1000 euro...then...I might do it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast