Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noble or Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium_Cowboy View Post
    The big 'A' is selling 1 ounce Platinum Nobles on the bay for $1137 and 1 ounce Platinum Eagles for $1365.

They may be paying $50 over for the Noble, but they are paying $200 over spot for random year Eagles.

Which holds it value better in relation to spot price? Which has a larger pool of buyers?

I learned a long time ago that you buy obscure coins because you like them, not because of liquidity.
    The OP stated the Eagle was $100 more than the Noble. If that's the case I buy the Noble. Selling to the big A you have to sell a minimum of $10,000 to get there price. eBay you have fees too. I'd rather pay closest to spot and sell for spot to a LCS.
    Utah, Get Me Two!

For the record, I'm seeing buy back prices for the 1 oz Noble at $30 over spot, and the eagle at $50 over spot. If an eagle is $100 more then noble, the choice is easy unless you are getting an in demand eagle year/condition, or simply want it for your collection. For those who buy plat, the Noble is hardly obscure; it's like the Krugerrand of platinum bullion coins.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12