Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Silver Ratio Discussion Group

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    There is an unfortunate situation in this country that will suppress the demand and price for silver/gold. Too many stupid people. Don't believe me, just wait until the covid passports are required for day to day life. The majority of stupid will sign up for this dystopian future, no way will any be interested in (cough) "silver"or "gold" Looks like a buying opprtunity is just around the corner.
    Until they are stupid enough to not protest the inevitable confiscation.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

We have moved past the gag-reel phase. All prognostications welcomed.

In March of last year, the GSR peaked at over 120. Today I see the following:
    Gold spot - $1,767
    Silver spot - $26
    1-piece coin pricing
    Krug $1,858
    AGE $1,937
    silver round $33.3
    ASE $756/20 = $38
    Spot GSR = 1,767/26 = about 68
    krug to round GSR = 1,858/33.3= about 56
    Eagle GSR = 1937/38 = about 51

When I look at a 50 year chart of the GSR, I see a minimum that is below 20, back around January of 1980. I see an average of around 55 or 60.
    A 3 year chart shows recent bottoms in the low 60's in February of this year. Today's value shows at 68 & change.

The Eagle GSR of 1937/38 = about 51 has caught my eye. If I can find someone to give me an AGE for 53 ASE, I'm in. I think that the ratios have moved far enough to make me want to start that shift. In my opinion, the premiums on eagles are in a slight bubble due to market FOMO. That is just my opinion, but my opinion is strong enough for me to trade on it.

Big difference when you add the premiums to the ratio.

1937 / 33 = 58.69 ASE's to the gold oz.

1767 / 26 = 67.96 ASE's to the gold oz.

So ya, if you find somebody to take your 53 ASE's for an oz. you'd come out way ahead.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

I am starting to get the vibe that $35 is the trigger point for an OZ. of physical. Good place for the lid to blow off as the jig would be up. Maybe a GSR 50 handel.

24K Physical Gold Buffalo $2024.29 divided by a Physical .999 Silver American Eagle at $40.61 gives a quotient of Physical GSR = 49.847

Based upon current posted online prices of a major internet retail outlet. Anyone playing the ratio at this level?
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by ifionlyhadsomegold View Post
    I am starting to get the vibe that $35 is the trigger point for an OZ. of physical. Good place for the lid to blow off as the jig would be up. Maybe a GSR 50 handel.
    Funny thing is, 35 is the figure I've been thinking of to start selling at for some years now. You think that's when it will really take off?
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    24K Physical Gold Buffalo $2024.29 divided by a Physical .999 Silver American Eagle at $40.61 gives a quotient of Physical GSR = 49.847

Based upon current posted online prices of a major internet retail outlet. Anyone playing the ratio at this level?
    I really think you're on to something here V1. Personally I am looking to the price of eagles to dictate paper price movement. It's a shell game...

Nobody wanted them @$20, $25, $30, now $40 either. We are being played by the bankers.
    Last edited by ifionlyhadsomegold; 05-13-2021 at 05:53 PM.

I am in a new area, so have no rapport with an LCS shop. I am considering the removal of Ag and the addition of Au
    Yes I know "But Ag stands to really Gain" crowd would perhaps say What??? I been on that train for a Long ride now
    and believe that the Money of Kings is the thing to hold, and it is dang sure a Lot lighter in weight and portability.

I hope to begin seeing signs saying xx gallons of fuel for xx constitutional 90% coins. Then I would not be so inclined
    to part ways with Ag.>>>Just be certain that you have actual availability of your end physical
    Last edited by vertical1; 05-13-2021 at 06:12 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    I am in a new area, so have no rapport with an LCS shop. I am considering the removal of Ag and the addition of Au
    Yes I know "But Ag stands to really Gain" crowd would perhaps say What??? I been on that train for a Long ride now
    and believe that the Money of Kings is the thing to hold, and it is dang sure a Lot lighter in weight and portability.

I hope to begin seeing signs saying xx gallons of fuel for xx constitutional 90% coins. Then I would not be so inclined
    to part ways with Ag.>>>Just be certain that you have actual availability of your end physical
    If you bought AG back when the AG/AU ratio was further apart, then it would seem prudent to me to change a portion of your holdings to the more concentrated form of wealth at this time. The percentage to change would seem debatable for a number of reasons. The potential for a continued upside to silver is one of them. But then, anything can happen & probably will. I still see strength in diversity. I don't like to have all my eggs in any one basket.