Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Silver Ratio Discussion Group

Back to speaking about the gold to silver ratio,
    I was just looking at the 10-year charts. The chart for gold looks bearish to me. The chart for silver looks less certain, but still has a potential bull element to it. I'm going to hold at this time, & wait for the GSR to tighten further before swapping silver for gold.

I agree SilverPalm. I dont get what the hell is going on with the p m markets or anything exactly. If it werent for bad luck, i would not have any luck at all it sometimes seems. lol. just 2 years ago I was holding 10 ounces of rhodium at $1500 each. then sold for a poultry 2300 just to pay the man on property taxes. B U L L S H I T T T !!! what an error in judgement once again. i know we are not supposed to talk about "what if's" but damn. just once i would like for my better judgement to shine through. i am very very heavy silver. waiting for the right time to sell and grab more gold. i have kept stacking a little at a time and now turning down good selling opportunities for some of my 100 ounce bars unless i get the $7 or $8 premiums that the online dealers (WITHOUT ANY AVAILABILITY FOR 4 to 6 weeks before delivery) i have it now and could have sold thousands of ounces the last couple months when markets were higher to be able to buy back and just wait for the delivery, but NNNNOOOOOO. i had to make another jackass decision. when will this g/s ratio close - maybe it is soon, we know it is very long overdue. oh well, just rambling. now i am singing "the house of the rising sun" lol. rant over. (10 ounces of rhodium at $24k each) C R A P!!!

Making trade for gold from silver sounds good to me.

What Gold to Silver Ratio are you looking to sell? 50? 40? Less?

The premium on silver at Compare Silver Prices are substantial.

A Monster Box on Compare Silver Prices is going for $16,690 but based on $26.20 spot price, a monster box goes for $13,100.

How is it best to sell the silver to buy gold?

My Local Coin Shop will only give spot price less $1 per ounce.

My wife does not like the idea of Craig's List.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDoc1958 View Post
    Making trade for gold from silver sounds good to me.

What Gold to Silver Ratio are you looking to sell? 50? 40? Less?

The premium on silver at Compare Silver Prices are substantial.

A Monster Box on Compare Silver Prices is going for $16,690 but based on $26.20 spot price, a monster box goes for $13,100.

How is it best to sell the silver to buy gold?

My Local Coin Shop will only give spot price less $1 per ounce.

My wife does not like the idea of Craig's List.
    Over the years, I have made a lot of buy and sells off of Craigslist. I've always met at a public place such as, gas stations, banks, and grocery stores and never had any trouble. Always make meetings in what offers you the best degree of protection. For the most part, parking lots and out of the car trunk are off limits for meeting. That being said, I still like supporting my local LCS...remember he has to make a profit to stay in business.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

I was offered spot + $5 for silver eagles the other day. I am still holding. I may come to regret that, but that is the gamble that I am taking at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I was offered spot + $5 for silver eagles the other day. I am still holding. I may come to regret that, but that is the gamble that I am taking at this time.
    dont sell ASE's at that price. you are way undervalued in todays marketplace. and to whatsupdoc... i like to meet at the lobby of my local police department from craigslist adds. it makes the buyer and myself feel safer. of course you must leave your concealed carry in the car for that one. otherwise, a very public place or actually your bank lobby or one of the private rooms some banks offer for other things such as real estate closings, etc. cameras coming and going., the tellers can press a button direct link to the police station and an all out call will bring police there fairly quickly. most banks still do not have a no conceal carry sign on their door so you are free to conceal carry in those. just some ideas doc.

Someone freaked my wife out one day some years ago (prior to 2012) when she was going into the bank out in California. He was open carrying a revolver in a hip holster while entering he was entering the bank too and which was legal out there then as long as the hammer was visible, I believe.

I should add at one other time while entering the bank she was asked if she had seen the bank robber. I guess the robber had just exited the bank as she entered and as per normal she was off in her little world and didn't notice him going by. PhD's are always thinking about something and not seeing what's around them.
    Last edited by LongDonSilver; 02-26-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

In the last year, the GSR has gone from over 120, down to the high 60's. If you count the current premiums on physical, it's more like low 50's. That's a pretty good move in a year. That would be a double if you bought silver at the top & sold it to buy gold today.
    https://www.kitco.com/Gold_Silver_Ra...io-charts.html

The 100 year picture makes it look like there may be more room for the ratio to tighten.
    https://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio

What will the future bring? I don't know.

My GSR target is 25:1
    Or so
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

1978-1979 hunt brother squeeze 37 sgr down to 15, which is a decrease of ~60%
    2008-2011: 80 sgr down to 30, which is a decrease of ~65%
    2020-current 126 sgr down to 62, which is a decrease of ~51%,

Currently there is a physical squeeze, physical demand spiking globally due to green technology. With that I suspect we will see a 60%-70% decrease at least, which is 50-37 per 1 oz of gold. I've taken profit at 80, 70, and waiting for 60, will take major profits at 50 to 1, and empty the truck under 40 withholding only 10% of my stack if its goes below 30. Noting the coins trades at what ratios to take further profits when the ratios climb back up with a goal being 20 ounce profit in silver per trade back.( sell 50 silver, then later sell gold and get 70 silver back.)

Using my LCD, you have to remember is that silver has higher premiums than gold, so I actually get a better ratio than spot price online, and he makes more profit, we both hit our mark.
    Last edited by JBV3737; 03-04-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast