Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425

Thread: Gold Silver Ratio Discussion Group

Quote Originally Posted by insidedealer View Post
    Exactly.
    Spot is the only thing to use for true GSR.
    Dealer prices, shortages of certain blanks, are short-term and irrelevant to a discussion of the GSR.
    Focusing on any product/form is as relevant as comparing the sterling spoon you bought at a yard sale for 10 cents to the proof gold eagle you sold for 2500 the same day and declaring the GSR is 25,000.
    yes spot vs spot is the way to go and that is what i meant stating generic vs generic. although that may have been less clear than what you explain, insidedealer. when i time a ratio trade i use the most generic ag and au i have in my stack and make the exchange for likekind of the opposite metal. ie, generic bar for generic bar as close to spot as i can find. usually it is two separate transactions even with the same dealer/supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by WhackNStack View Post
    I figure they use either futures or spot prices. There is no way to use any single product for GSR. The prices of products vary wildly.
    The variation between spot and retail of various rounds/coins is the very reason why I started to track a variety of GSR rations. Spot GSR is great when you are trading paper. When you are trading fizz, the numbers can present a different reality. The variation of that reality over time is a piece of information that I like to be able to consider before making a purchase or sale.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    The variation between spot and retail of various rounds/coins is the very reason why I started to track a variety of GSR rations. Spot GSR is great when you are trading paper. When you are trading fizz, the numbers can present a different reality. The variation of that reality over time is a piece of information that I like to be able to consider before making a purchase or sale.
    I agree. I like the way you compare actual coins. Thanks for your updates.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Default testing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

testing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some men’s principle to pay interest, and seems against others’ interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

a fun fact... interestingly, i just took inventory as i do occasionally. only simple formula used of # of 1 troy ounce total silver against same of gold holdings. i consider all fractionals at their decimal values of actual silver weight or actual gold weight. ie. aprox $1.40 of face 90% silver equals 1 troy ounce. my holdings comparative ratio of (ag ozt/au ozt) is within 1% of the current listed silver to gold ratio of 87 to 1.