Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Platinum to go further down

And your point is?

Since the price is already below mining and extraction cost it shows that the price may easily go below that level.

How far will this knife fall?

I don't think it hits $8xx
    Utah, Get Me Two!

I have no idea where the bottom will be ... but first chance I get to swap some Au against Pt ...I'm there ....

Of course looking to buy as well ... just not a the high premiums

Pretty steady pattern of lower highs and lower lows so I don't see any cause for a reversal yet. We may need to see some miners default and stop pulling the metal out of the ground before the paper markets will be reigned in.
    Trading fiat currency for precious metals is not an investment. Rather, this amounts to disinvestment from currency mandated for tax purposes. Gold and silver are money. Currency is merely a medium of exchange.

So on the gold forum someone is buying historical gold coins as an added probability of insurance should gold become illegal to own again. That said, how do you think this would affect Platinum? If you cant own the yellow stuff do you think Platinum would take off? Wasnt there a bank or a group of people in South Africa trying or attempting or trying to use platinum, or get to be accepted as a reserve?

Just Bored, so bored im tossing this what if question out, because this platinum forum seems dead!
    TRIPLE DIGIT
    MIDNIGHT RUNNER

I agree. The market will continue to test miners with lower Pt price untill one or several go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Horse View Post
    So on the gold forum someone is buying historical gold coins as an added probability of insurance should gold become illegal to own again. That said, how do you think this would affect Platinum? If you cant own the yellow stuff do you think Platinum would take off? Wasnt there a bank or a group of people in South Africa trying or attempting or trying to use platinum, or get to be accepted as a reserve?

Just Bored, so bored im tossing this what if question out, because this platinum forum seems dead!
    Yes. . Plat forum is quite dead compared to silver and gold . . .

I would think that if Gold were illegal to own, then Plat would be more in demand. . sure. . . until it became illegal to own also.

Pt could go below 900 this week

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Yes. . Plat forum is quite dead compared to silver and gold . . .

I would think that if Gold were illegal to own, then Plat would be more in demand. . sure. . . until it became illegal to own also.
    Plat forum is dead because platinum market is dead with price at 900$ and 230$ below price of gold.
    And more importantly with no hope for improvement of demand and better price in short term.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast