Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you guys buy Platinum coins?

Default Where do you guys buy Platinum coins?

I am so tired of paying for almost $100 over spot.
    Sam's Club, Life member

The last time I bought a Platinum Eagle it was from Bullion Direct dot com.

Good luck with that. lol
    Disclaimer:Later....

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid View Post
    I am so tired of paying for almost $100 over spot.
    I'm a Plat rookie . ..
    Is $100 over spot . . a lot? What's the norm? What would be a good deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I'm a Plat rookie . ..
    Is $100 over spot . . a lot? What's the norm? What would be a good deal ?
    I think it is. I've easily been able to find 1 oz bars at about $50 over spot, both online and locally. Plat Eagles are another story as in common bullion form they had mintage stopped for some 7 years -- though at one time was able to trade Kitco pool account plat for plat eagles at very reasonable premiums (that's one of the best thing with pool accounts -- you can trade to physical when premiums are at more reasonable premiums, which for silver, means when per ounce cost is higher as premiums that remain the same, become a smaller percentage of the total as price goes up).
    Last edited by motocat; 08-17-2015 at 04:39 AM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Stacula View Post
    The last time I bought a Platinum Eagle it was from Bullion Direct dot com.

Good luck with that. lol
    Very funny!
    Sam's Club, Life member

The spread on Platinum is insane. For example, for the Platinum maple at Kitco, buy price is $1112 and sell price is $1027 having a spread of $85!!!

I'd have to wait for Platinum to appreciate $85 just to break even.
    Sam's Club, Life member

Might happen in a day or two....but don't hold your breath
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Can't complain if your not holding!

Hind sight is always 20/20 and when the price for PMs start to rise, it might be to late to get in! You never know? if your trying to make money, your in the wrong place! If your trying to insure that you have Value if the paper floating around tanks, then you your in the right place, but you have to be holding physical, so as you sit there and ponder about the price I continue to stack. Theres a lot of people preaching against PMs and where paper is headed and how safe paper is, is it safe? A strong dollar today could turn into a POS while you sleep, your million dollar cash stash could become fuel for the fire place, who knows? but then again I could be wrong and our governments will take care of us like they always have and we wont have to worry about anything.

JUST SAYIN!
    TRIPLE DIGIT
    MIDNIGHT RUNNER

The Platypus coins were $70 over spot including shipping on the bay the other day, not sure if that deal is still going today or not.
    Just took a look and it looks like the deal is over, looks like that seller no longer has them available.
    Last edited by SilverShareHolder; 08-19-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Leave your name with local dealers. Most don't like to trade in Pt some will act as a broker when the occasional person comes in wanting to sell. Sometimes you can get them at spot that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast