Thread: Using silver or gold to buy other silver or gold...

Question Using silver or gold to buy other silver or gold...

Just wondering...Is there anyone else here who sometimes uses silver or gold (whether or not it be bullion or other forms of PMs like numis) to entice someone into selling you more profitable (to you) pieces or amounts of PMs? Say like really good pieces of jewelry or coins that you know are undervalued...I've used this method sometimes to tip the odds in my favor when conducting a deal at a yard/tag/garage sale etc etc. I'll be interested in someones bag of Constitutional silver coinage or numismatic coins like silver Trade dollars or Morgans in great condition or heavier than usual 14k solid gold chains etc. and offer them some fiat and maybe some 2015 American Silver Eagles to push it over the top. It seems to work pretty well. Anyone else do this?

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    Just wondering...Is there anyone else here who sometimes uses silver or gold (whether or not it be bullion or other forms of PMs like numis) to entice someone into selling you more profitable (to you) pieces or amounts of PMs? Say like really good pieces of jewelry or coins that you know are undervalued...I've used this method sometimes to tip the odds in my favor when conducting a deal at a yard/tag/garage sale etc etc. I'll be interested in someones bag of Constitutional silver coinage or numismatic coins like silver Trade dollars or Morgans in great condition or heavier than usual 14k solid gold chains etc. and offer them some fiat and maybe some 2015 American Silver Eagles to push it over the top. It seems to work pretty well. Anyone else do this?
    I wish to has a trade dollar please
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I have only gotten 2 of them ever and one of them was a "potty dollar" which I sold for a pretty penny! ($400) It had cost me some ivory elephant figurines which I'd bought at a yard sale for $5.00 and a silver American eagle. I know you're a fellow numismatist too so I figured you'd appreciate that...lol

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    all the time when possible....... for the many reasons, deals can be simply complex, all to benefit you... trades can be very profitable, mixing it up with a like mined trader is my preference after a low cash price.....

inct

Exactly...Sometimes there isn't even any cash exchanged...It's trade this for that and done! I love it!