Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valcambi Silver 100x1 Grams, $30 an ounce? Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by KILOFINAL7 View Post
    I really like Morgan CC's. I've been collecting 1891's and the odd 1889 at VF and higher. They have appreciated nicely in the last few years.
    I have both.. 100 - 1 gram bars / cc morgans 1883 - 1878 bought and sold many in the last 9 years.. I have some s / o mints as well.

Yup I don't like these either along with $30 pandas and all the other $30+ silver out in the market. To each their own though, their is something for everyone and that's why they exist. I prefer my cheap generic bullion I've been buying lately for $15-16.

Hmm do I like combi bars sure I do would I pay $30+ per oz no! Do I own any yes I bought them from a refinery
    Thats down the street from me I think I paid $19 per oz nice wallet size or fun size. But no I would not have bought them retail that's a no no you know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Valcambi Silver Bar is great for when the SHTF , and you have to barter your silver. . just break off a piece of that kit kat bar . . .wallet sized is a benefit . . that kinda mentality is the crowd . . neat idea , really . . yes, novelty item. .not 'investment grade' bullion. might as well be a silver sculpture . . . i recall peter schiff pitching for the au version . . . so there is a market for this kinda thing.
    With the au version, I'm sure the premium will be much less of a consideration, since the costs of shaping the metal are fixed, not a percentage of the value of the metal.
    Govern this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Gone View Post
    ... If I really need fractional silver, then I will buy either 90% gov issue or......if desperate.... take a generic bar to my band saw and cut away. This method has worked for centuries and you cannot beat the premiums.
    I think I'd try a snips first, so you're not shorting the fractions by the amount of silver that ends up on the floor under your bandsaw. But I get your point. :-)
    Govern this.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretArgentMan View Post
    I think I'd try a snips first, so you're not shorting the fractions by the amount of silver that ends up on the floor under your bandsaw. But I get your point. :-)
    Snips- even better. Or.....how about a hammer and chisel- you can make your own "snap" marks on a bar of silver. I may actually try this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Gone View Post
    Snips- even better. Or.....how about a hammer and chisel- you can make your own "snap" marks on a bar of silver. I may actually try this!!
    I've turned a pair of silver dimes into ear-rings. You'd be surprised how cathartic it is to pound FDR's face into oblivion. :-)
    Govern this.

Total waste for the silver combi bar. The platinum and gold ones are nice though. Got my eye on the palladium too. They bend a lot easier than you'd think.
    Just say NO to Fiat!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePMetalStacker View Post
    Total waste for the silver combi bar. The platinum and gold ones are nice though. Got my eye on the palladium too. They bend a lot easier than you'd think.
    For now it is... but someone will eat the premium then eventually end up selling to the LCS where we'll be able to pick it up for spot + $2. :-) I'll sure buy one then.
    Govern this.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretArgentMan View Post
    For now it is... but someone will eat the premium then eventually end up selling to the LCS where we'll be able to pick it up for spot + $2. :-) I'll sure buy one then.
    I have NEVER seen a combi bar at any LCS anywhere. I've seen gold Karat bars and loose 1 gram bars but never a sealed combi bar.
    Just say NO to Fiat!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast