Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valcambi Silver 100x1 Grams, $30 an ounce? Pfft.

Default Valcambi Silver 100x1 Grams, $30 an ounce? Pfft.

Was going to get one of those for fun, but not at a price which entails a 50% write off.

not even worth considering.. 90% dimes premium has gone up, but isnt nearly that bad.. and likely 99.2% of people would rather have the merc dime over the valcambi 'bar'
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

Merc dimes are my favorite. Trying to buy some of the ones I got 30-1 for in 2011. Now I been picking them up. Hard to get a good price on just mercury dimes though. Been paying almost 15-1 for junk when it should be 12 to 13. You can get Rosies for that.

Gimmicky silver is a waste of $ IMHO
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Guru's are liked not for being right but for saying what you want to hear" - me
    "Paper" investors dictate the price of silver - blitzdude
    "Fear and greed drive the Demand portion of investment Supply and Demand" - me
    "Silver can't be subject to classical supply and demand of silver and be driven by gold at the same time" - me
    "What's next for silver? Nobody knows" - APMEX email

Quote Originally Posted by BuyLowSellHigh View Post
    Gimmicky silver is a waste of $ IMHO
    True, but you are preaching to the choir. It has its market....no doubt....why they produce it. Probably the same crowd that buys clad silver commemorative items from infomercials. Safe to say on this forum most of us are a bit more versed and we.....DYOD.

Fractional silver....I do not get it (because of the high premiums). If I really need fractional silver, then I will buy either 90% gov issue or......if desperate.... take a generic bar to my band saw and cut away. This method has worked for centuries and you cannot beat the premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Gone View Post
    True, but you are preaching to the choir. It has its market....no doubt....why they produce it. Probably the same crowd that buys clad silver commemorative items from infomercials. Safe to say on this forum most of us are a bit more versed and we.....DYOD.

Fractional silver....I do not get it (because of the high premiums). If I really need fractional silver, then I will buy either 90% gov issue or......if desperate.... take a generic bar to my band saw and cut away. This method has worked for centuries and you cannot beat the premiums.
    Valcambi Silver Bar is great for when the SHTF , and you have to barter your silver. . just break off a piece of that kit kat bar . . .wallet sized is a benefit . . that kinda mentality is the crowd . . neat idea , really . . yes, novelty item. .not 'investment grade' bullion. might as well be a silver sculpture . . . i recall peter schiff pitching for the au version . . . so there is a market for this kinda thing.
    No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

I really like Morgan CC's. I've been collecting 1891's and the odd 1889 at VF and higher. They have appreciated nicely in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by KILOFINAL7 View Post
    I really like Morgan CC's. I've been collecting 1891's and the odd 1889 at VF and higher. They have appreciated nicely in the last few years.
    Now that was random

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Valcambi Silver Bar is great for when the SHTF , and you have to barter your silver. . just break off a piece of that kit kat bar . . .wallet sized is a benefit . . that kinda mentality is the crowd . . neat idea , really . . yes, novelty item. .not 'investment grade' bullion. might as well be a silver sculpture . . . i recall peter schiff pitching for the au version . . . so there is a market for this kinda thing.
    Totally agree that the concept is good as gold.....the premiums kill it. LOL- I do own a small Remington sterling sculpture. It is sure a lot prettier then my 10oz NTR bars!! I could convert it to fractional silver by breaking off the horses tail, legs and ears!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Gone View Post
    take a generic bar to my band saw and cut away. This method has worked for centuries and you cannot beat the premiums.

Exactly, you can quarter a bar real fast, and way cheaper!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast