Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Numi vs Spot ratio

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    What about this MS 70 SAEs?

I'm not into graded numi-bullion...that being said, I guess some folks are or they wouldn't be selling.

At my age I would be afraid that I wouldn't live long enough to see appreciated value. LOL

Different strokes for different folks...
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmhey View Post
    I don't know. Holding my head in my hands, while shaking it. Depends on the item.

Item: 1935 commemorative half dollar with the constitution oak was about the same price when spot was 50 as it is at 15.

Item: Newer stuff, limited edition. It can keep the same percents but as spot decreases so do the percents. 50% markup at 30 dollars is a 45 dollar coin. At 20 it is a 30 dollar coin. Percent wise your fine, the loss is higher but so was your buy in. Unless you purchased early then you may have gotten in at 35 bucks and sitting at 30. which means your losing less.

Item: Eagles not only is your item losing value, but the markup is too. 17% of 30 dollars a 5 dollar markup. But at 15 dollars that markup should be about 2.50.

Item junk. Junk sells at a premium. But you must make your own sales because the dealers will beat you bad.
    re older commems, i'm happy i did the bulk of my buying of that type of stuff when spot was in the 30s because as you said, value of those hasn't changed much. my charter oak is a beaut, might be worth having graded if/when I sell. my fav's though are the 1927 Vt sesquicentennial (avatar) of which i have about a half dozen. also like the san diego obverse and love the sf bay bridge.. some of the nicest coins the us mint has ever made imo.
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I'm not into graded numi-bullion...that being said, I guess some folks are or they wouldn't be selling.

At my age I would be afraid that I wouldn't live long enough to see appreciated value. LOL

Different strokes for different folks...
    True enough...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

the slabbed bullion that comes back ms67, 68 must be a real kick in the pants..
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

Quote Originally Posted by capsule View Post
    the slabbed bullion that comes back ms67, 68 must be a real kick in the pants..
    I wonder what sort of premium they fetch.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123