Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Numi vs Spot ratio

Default Numi vs Spot ratio

I'm tempted to sell some of my numi's and convert to a 100 oz. bar at these prices. Anyone have thoughts? I would be swapping out BU Morgans & graded coins on the bay & CL

I need more ounces and numi values held better than spot prices during this down trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    I'm tempted to sell some of my numi's and convert to a 100 oz. bar at these prices. Anyone have thoughts? I would be swapping out BU Morgans & graded coins on the bay & CL

I need more ounces and numi values held better than spot prices during this down trend.
    Would be your call...

Bullion vs. Collectables.

I will say if you have graded bullion, sell it while you can if it is profitable, otherwise you are stuck with it til prices come back up, and who knows how sought after it will be then.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    I will say if you have graded bullion, sell it while you can if it is profitable, otherwise you are stuck with it til prices come back up, and who knows how sought after it will be then.
    I'll probably be buying his stuff...for the bucks

Prices of some stuff are tanking too...good time to be a buyer

BTW:
    Numis are only for the good times
    Otherwise
    Collections are made at very affordable prices, during "down times"

Hobby versus Investment

Always the same question...

Really, it's
    Your Call, not ours collectively, in my opinion, but, thanks for playing as the sarcasm flys...LOL

now ontoebay...

LOL

Seriously, I'd hold ...

Continue to gather

Funny that you made this thread. Earlier this year I picked up a bunch of ms70 proof and ultra cameo eagles and other graded coins for almost nothing. I had 40 or so of these graded coins. I really don't care for them and only picked them up because they were cheap. I sold 12 locally for $30-$45 to a few people and the rest that I couldn't sell I sent to apmex with a 1/2 oz AGE for a couple more Republic metals 100 oz bars. If you aren't going to lose money I say go ahead and do it. 100 oz bars are sexy and just feel great to hold.

Two years ago I have all but switched to numis and Au. After completing 2 Merc books I am building an AU/MS Morgan book. I have found them to be more affordable than previously, and 'they aren't making any more of them!'

Quote Originally Posted by 3doors_down View Post
    Two years ago I have all but switched to numis and Au. After completing 2 Merc books I am building an AU/MS Morgan book. I have found them to be more affordable than previously, and 'they aren't making any more of them!'
    What about this MS 70 SAEs?

"Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Might not be a bad idea, I've considered this before. When spot was in the 30's and rising, I bought many common date morgans from my LCS for $1-$3 over melt. Today, he wants over $10 over melt for the same coins. was also buying silver proof sets for melt.

Take a look at the big "A". All there silver clearance items are graded numi and silver dollars. I'd be selling off and buying bullion too.
    Utah, Get Me Two!

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    What about this MS 70 SAEs?

LOL I wouldn't call that a numi. That there is modern bullion.
    Buy Low Sell High

Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

Quote Originally Posted by blitzdude View Post
    LOL I wouldn't call that a numi. That there is modern bullion.
    An MS70 modern bullion coin

And if purchased at the right price, there's collectors who'd love to give you a good return on your investment

Always will be collectors of those bullion coins

It's not necessary to collect only what YOU like. I think it's also important to collect things that OTHERS like, especially if they can be had for a good price

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast