Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premiums on PMs

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    I think on a lot of the sites offering free shipping, the first item has to be priced higher to absorb shipping. If a 10oz bar is $165 for one, the 2nd one could already be $160 because it can be sent with the first. A person buying 1 item does OK with the free shipping, but if you wanted 5 bars you are paying too much.

Has anyone called apmex or jmb and tried to negotiate better pricing?
    even in volume and form of payment they post their lowest $$$$... i can guarantee you there in no negotiations to favor you...

inct

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    even in volume and form of payment they post their lowest $$$$... i can guarantee you there in no negotiations to favor you...

inct
    Online dealers I'd say are always posting their absolute best price as comparison shopping online takes mere milliseconds.
    The "Volume talks and sellers will listen" principle of course works in face to face deals but online .......... You're seeing the best offer
    (Plus they all "list" the volume price as to catch your eye ........ buying under 20 or in some cases under 500 price is notably more)

Quote Originally Posted by NYLAWBIZ View Post
    There definitely is gouging going on as well. Look at the Apmex site: No 90% less than $14.50/ounce, bit their buy price is 10.40/ounce - 40%! I think this spread is larger than usual. An I correct?
    Interesting .....
    (That's $20.27 Whopping $5+ over per ounce Sell and $14.55 buy BTW .. but we know what you meant)
    I just took a quick glance at that site and everything's right around spot on the sell to them side except for Eagles at $19.25 buy and $16.50 sell

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread .......
    Guess that only means Indian Demand for Toe Rings specifically made out of Silver Eagles is still robust .....
    Go figure .. Ehhhh
    Last edited by joeinnj; 07-27-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KILOFINAL7 View Post
    Premiums at online dealers have been kept in check. Traditional brick and mortar dealers are another matter. Overall, I expect premiums to decline as gold/silver prices continue lower.
    Wonder if the brick and mortar places will ever lose their arse. They never seem to run out of suckers. They basically throw some of our business out the window for that extra 50 bucks. They can make a buck or two every time your in their buying then they lowball you to sell. I am really cautious and tight with brick and mortar. They are becoming less and less relevant.

I stopped in my LCS today to see if i could score a 10 oz bar for under $160. They only had 6 10 oz bars in stock, 3 geigers, and 3 JM bars. They wanted $250 each!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even bother saying anything, i just chuckled and left. What a waste of time.

One of the LCS that I use, keeps the majority of their physical bullion in a third party vault off site. They don't keep much in their displays so when you walk in, it looks like there isn't much available. Over the next 6 months, I expect premiums to decline

Quote Originally Posted by KILOFINAL7 View Post
    One of the LCS that I use, keeps the majority of their physical bullion in a third party vault off site. They don't keep much in their displays so when you walk in, it looks like there isn't much available. Over the next 6 months, I expect premiums to decline
    That's very odd .......
    A storefront that's not a storefront at all .......
    Why not just stand out front with a brochure rather than bothering having display cases at all ......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123